Background check question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background check question

A little background first, I am a 21 year old college senior and am going on a duck, goose and crane hunt with my dad next weekend in Lubbock.

So to the question. My dad and I went to purchase a Beretta A300 from D!cks Sporting goods as they are currently on sale. In my dads haste filling out his background check form he accidentally clicked yes that he had been indicted for a felony, which at the end of the process automatically disqualified him. So because I was with him and not purchasing one, as I couldn’t afford it, I wasn’t allowed to buy the gun either as it would’ve been a straw purchase. They told us he wouldn’t be allowed to buy a gun from that chain of stores for 30 days, but my main question is will he have a permanent mark on his record? I’d hate for him to have to deal with the effects of this due to his haste.

No he won't.

Comment

No. They should have let hiim fill out another one before sending it if they saw the mistake
      And he told them it was a mistake

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        No. They should have let hiim fill out another one before sending it if they saw the mistake
        And he told them it was a mistake
        They never sent it. A wrong check mark stops it at the store.
        It's actually against the law to let someone fill out a second one. It sucks, but it is what it is. Can't walk into the dime store and walk out with a gun at 12 years old anymore. I like the old days much better.

Comment

That really sucks TXST! I just went on a duck hunt with my senior in college, my oldest son and my father in law. We had a blast. I’d hate to see you miss this. You can’t find a gun to borrow from some one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You go to a different one of the stores and buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              You go to a different one of the stores and buy it.

If it was never called in this is correct. If you need a gun just for the hunt I’m sure the GS can help.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

what a bummer

Comment

OR the OP can just go buy it at another store. Long term loan to his dad. Then when dad passes he has an heirloom and a great story.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                      They never sent it. A wrong check mark stops it at the store.
                      It's actually against the law to let someone fill out a second one. It sucks, but it is what it is. Can't walk into the dime store and walk out with a gun at 12 years old anymore. I like the old days much better.

No its not. There is a limit but it sure isnt one. Heck Ive gone as many as 3 for the same gun on the same day due to either their error or mine.

The dad should have been allowed another form if it hadnt been called in

Comment

I honestly don’t know, but we should have a shotgun to use. We were looking forward to owning a nice duck gun however

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          The dad should have been allowed another form if it hadnt been called in
                          It's Dlck's policy, my son used to work there. They're very "conservative" about the gun purchases. He said he was instructed to look for any reason to refuse sale, not because they're anti-gun but they wanted to do everything they could to be sure they weren't the ones who ended up in the media after a bad gun sale. He refused sales due to people smelling like weed, minor errors on the forms such as this and needing 30 days to do another one, one guy that was just impatient and rude, all sorts of reasons. He said the form errors he would simply tell them he couldn't sell it but to go across the street to Bass Pro and buy there.

Comment

They messed up so bad on one of mine that i got the .22 i was trying to buy for almost $90 out the door. Sale, rebate, plus took $ off the price because they couldn’t get the check correct

Comment

Why not check to see if Academy has the same gun?

Academy will price match and says they will beat it by 5%

"If you find a lower price somewhere else on an identical, in-stock merchandise item advertised in print by any local retailer or online by any select online retailer, show us the ad while it remains valid and we will beat it by 5%. We will also match academy.com pricing for in store purchases and in-store pricing for Academy.com purchases. You must present a verifiable copy of the advertised price, either by presenting the entire printed ad or a digital version on a mobile device if in store, or if purchasing on academy.com, you may present by email, fax or mail. Price must be valid at the time of purchase. We reserve the right to verify the price and availability of identical items and the right to limit quantities to one-per-customer, per day, per item. We will not issue rain checks. We reserve the right to not match misprinted ad prices, clearance, closeout/"going out of business" prices, Buy One Get One Free, special promotions, rebates, coupons, prices that require a club membership, or limited quantity offers. Select online retailers are: Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Carter's Country, Champs Sporting Goods, Dicks Sporting Goods, Eastbay, Fanatics, Gander Mountain, Hibbet Sports, Kansas Sampler, Rally House, REI, Scheels All Sports, Target and Walmart. Academy may take reasonable action to prevent fraud and abuse and to otherwise enforce this policy and all other policies, laws, rules, and regulations governing Academy, its customers, and their shopping experience."

Quoted off of their webpage. Worth a shot

Comment

Working...
                              X