Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexico Mule Deer - Sonora/Hermosillo

Anyone have any insight on a great outfitter for big mule deer in
    Mexico. I have one connection, but I am looking to compare prices.

Current offer is one trophy (170+) and one management (<170) for $15k. Trophy average has been 190+ for last 4 years and over 10 trophies killed each year.

These are 7 day, rifle hunts.

Thoughts and recommendations?

Have family that hunts with Whitaker brothers.
    They have killed some slugs in Mexico, and some decent ones in Col with them.

Comment

Do you have to go to Mexico or just want to? There are cheaper trophy rifle hunts in the States.

Comment

I don't have to go, but would rather not freeze my butt off either. I also really like the look of those desert mulies. I am open to other recommendations

A very high success rate is also a plus.

Comment

There are much cheaper deals....Get away from the outfitters

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            There are much cheaper deals....Get away from the outfitters
            Who should I call?

Comment

Have you looked at Priority Outfitting Service. They have a great Facebook page and have been putting them down in Mexico this year. Never hunted with them but would be the first I would contact if looking for a big Mule Deer.

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                Have you looked at Priority Outfitting Service. They have a great Facebook page and have been putting them down in Mexico this year. Never hunted with them but would be the first I would contact if looking for a big Mule Deer.
                That is who I have been talking with.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                  That is who I have been talking with.

Heard nothing but good things about Daniel and his operation. I thought I saw that the ranch was for sale. Just saw it on a website. Could of been old. They shoot some monsters for sure. Had a family friend who killed a 201" that was 30-32" wide this year on the low fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's addicting though! I love Sonora/Hermosillo. Would love to do some exploring down that way sometime.

Comment

Sonora Pro Hunts and rodeohunting.com. I love it down there.

Comment

Tommy Pulatie

Tommy Pulatie - Has great success in Mexico.

Comment

I talked to an outfitter last year and I was surprised there is so much mulie breeder activity in Mexico. I want to hunt Sonora too, but I have zero desire to hunt a released buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                            I talked to an outfitter last year and I was surprised there is so much mulie breeder activity in Mexico. I want to hunt Sonora too, but I have zero desire to hunt a released buck!
                            Quite a bit of breeding and staggering number of acres being high fenced.
                            Can't beat the look of those genetics down there though.

Same thing on their desert sheep. Tons of high fence sheep and breeding.

No issue with the fence, just the kick and shoot operations.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                              Quite a bit of breeding and staggering number of acres being high fenced.
                              Can't beat the look of those genetics down there though.

Same thing on their desert sheep. Tons of high fence sheep and breeding.

No issue with the fence, just the kick and shoot operations.
                              That's a shame on the sheep. But money talks I suppose.

Tagged for interest but I don't see myself paying over 5 to hunt them. Just a poor ole gas plant operator tryin to get by!!

Comment

Working...
                              X