Wayne LaPierre NRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampyMarsh View Post
    But think it should be harder to get in the hands of criminals and no need for fully automatic weapons, better background check, security, etc..
    As soon as other people start to think they KNOW what other people need. I know they are wrong. Stop with the need thing. Do you need a car that does 100mph? Do you need a 3000sqft home? Do you need a $10,000 watch.
    None of what I said above is written in the Constitution. The power should be in the peoples hands, not the Gov't. You must REALY trust your Gov't

A armed man is a citizen, a disarmed man is a subject.

Comment

Sorry working now. Have to shut the machine down and probably won't check this thread again. Enjoy talking about me. Play nice
      In other words, you can't back up your claims. Very telling of a man's character.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry working now. Have to shut the machine down and probably won't check this thread again. Enjoy talking about me. Play nice
        lol! Nothing to talk about. Have a good night.

Comment

I support the second amendment
          But think it should be harder to get in the hands of criminals and no need for fully automatic weapons, better background check, security, etc..
          One of these things is not like the other..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

Comment

0929ed569c4ccec50c38e7647e0c43b2 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Well, he is "Open minded" ya know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I watched his speech from my hotel room in Sacramento, CA this morning. I really liked it and I like what he is doing and has done for our 2nd Amendment rights.

I had a few opportunities to discuss the Florida school shooting with some locals while at the airport this afternoon and I was surprised at how many Californians get it that we need armed security at the schools and the problem isn't the gun but the mentally ill individual is the problem.

The MSM need to stop pushing an unpopular message and the clueless elected liberals really need to listen to the people and keep their hands off of our 2nd Amendment rights.

Typing this from 39,000 over North Texas. Probably with a few opposite thinkers looking over my shoulder :-)
                  Last edited by DRettele; 02-22-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                    Anyone else wrestling with this.... I follow Jesus and in no way shape or form think that God gave us a right to bear arms. It seems that in many places Jesus told us to lay down the weapons of this world and fight differently. Fight out of a place of forgiveness and love- Jesus even says to one of his best friends that he who lives by the sword ultimately dies by it. I am not saying I understand anything that I am saying just that I am wrestling with this. Do I own guns- sure do....do I have a LTC- yep. So I will likely be as hypocritical as the next guy but I cant come to terms with God's call to love people, even my enemies, and standing on a place where he says the Bible gives us a right to carry arms. Struggling in Canadian- sorry yall
                    There is evil among us that doesn't care about God, loving each other or sharing your thought process. The government can't protect everyone, so I'll focus on protecting me and mine.
                    Last edited by samson33; 02-22-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

No there is plenty of the right too, even your president
                      not yet! yet

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                        Anyone else wrestling with this.... I follow Jesus and in no way shape or form think that God gave us a right to bear arms. It seems that in many places Jesus told us to lay down the weapons of this world and fight differently. Fight out of a place of forgiveness and love- Jesus even says to one of his best friends that he who lives by the sword ultimately dies by it. I am not saying I understand anything that I am saying just that I am wrestling with this. Do I own guns- sure do....do I have a LTC- yep. So I will likely be as hypocritical as the next guy but I cant come to terms with God's call to love people, even my enemies, and standing on a place where he says the Bible gives us a right to carry arms. Struggling in Canadian- sorry yall
                        Originally posted by venado View Post
                        The very first "right" that I believe that I have from God is the freedom to make choices. God gave us the freedom to make the choice between Jesus as a savior and the consequences that followed if one did not believe. I believe that I have a right to life and, like you, have the right to defend myself and my family against those that make the wrong choice on that first question.

This might help.
                        https://www.gotquestions.org/self-defense.html
                        Barry, the article venado posted is a good one. I was gonna say some similar things that the article says, so that saved me a lot of typing.

I don't think that defending yourself or your family or other innocent people against violent attack conflicts with the turn the other cheek principle in life's many conflicts and disagreements that aren't potentially lethal. There's a huge difference between someone treating you with disrespect, cheating you, or taking advantage of you versus someone trying to kill you. Protecting your family and other innocent people isn't a bad thing either, as best I can tell. There are lots of scriptures that talk about how bad it is to not take care of and protect your family and/or the most vulnerable people around us.

Christians should be willing to die for their faith, if necessary. But that doesn't mean that we should sit on our hands and let people kill us for no reason. We can come up with hypothetical scenarios galore. Some are easy to classify as acceptable times to use lethal force in self defense, and others are easy to classify as times when using lethal force would definitely be wrong. There are other situations where it is more gray and hard to determine where the line is, for sure. I know some Christians who choose to be unarmed because they can't tell for sure where the line is. That's their choice. I know others, myself included, who choose to be armed and prepared to use lethal force in self defense even though we aren't exactly sure where the line is in every situation either. The former group run the risk that they may die having been guilty of failing to righteously defending innocent people. The latter group and I run the risk of using lethal force in a situation when we shouldn't have. There's a risk of messing up either way. I choose to believe that the risk of me making a wrong decision is lower than the risk of needing to defend myself and/or others in a time when it would be a righteous act. (Does that make any sense?)

I don't criticize my Christian friends who choose to be unarmed. I don't try to tell them that they're wrong. I just choose to live on the other side of that dilemma. All the while, I hope and pray that neither one of us will ever have to find out for sure if we've prepared and chosen wisely on that question.

Comment

Oh, and on the NRA.....

I've had a love/hate relationship with them for decades. I HATE their telemarketers. I disagree with some of the things they have done, the Harry Reid endorsement being the biggest one for me.

BUT.... I just bought a Lifetime Membership this evening after reading new stories about a bunch of companies that are cancelling their marketing agreements with the NRA in response to the liberal fantasy that, somehow, the NRA and/or the 2nd Amendment is the cause of school shootings.

So, now I need y'all to tell me how you can get the NRA telemarketers to leave you alone.

Comment

Threaten to submit their phone number to buckmasters.

Comment

Threaten to submit their phone number to buckmasters.
                              Two peas in a pod.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                Oh, and on the NRA.....

I've had a love/hate relationship with them for decades. I HATE their telemarketers. I disagree with some of the things they have done, the Harry Reid endorsement being the biggest one for me.

BUT.... I just bought a Lifetime Membership this evening after reading new stories about a bunch of companies that are cancelling their marketing agreements with the NRA in response to the liberal fantasy that, somehow, the NRA and/or the 2nd Amendment is the cause of school shootings.

So, now I need y'all to tell me how you can get the NRA telemarketers to leave you alone.
                                I've been a lifer for about 25 years & been one of the lucky ones on the reach outs (never been hassled)...I now only send $$$ to the NRA-ILA when some important legislation or court case comes up & of course to thel Friends of the NRA banquet where it supports local efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X