Space X Falcon Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Watching Starman live feed with "Rocket Man", "Space Oddity", and "learning to Fly" playing in the background is pretty awesome

Comment

so cool

Comment

Awesomeness!

Comment

Any word on the core? Hope this not too technical but it did appear it was coming in a little cattywampous.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
              Any word on the core? Hope this not too technical but it did appear it was coming in a little cattywampous.
              Speculation I’ve read online (for what that’s worth) is it may have run out of fuel/glitched andmissed the drone ship.

Comment

Elon Musk confirms core hit the water

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  Elon Musk confirms core hit the water
                  I want to see the video of that... Did it miss the boat completely, hit the boat and topple off?

Comment

Did they say if they were able to recover it or did it explode?

looked like it was sputtering at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                      I want to see the video of that... Did it miss the boat completely, hit the boat and topple off?
                      "Hit the water at 300mph and took out two droneship engines"

Comment

"Hit the water at 300mph and took out two droneship engines"
                        yup. Would be a sweet video but im sure the cameras and/or antennas got jacked up!

Comment

As amazing as this is, and I truly mean amazing, I wonder how much tax-payer money went to fund it. Think about it, they just launched a rocket into space to travel to mars with nothing but a Tesla car and stuffed astronaut suit playing David Bowie at a time when our government is about to run out of funding and shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                            Did they say if they were able to recover it or did it explode?

looked like it was sputtering at the end.
                            I dont think there was anyone close by to recover it.

Comment

As amazing as this is, and I truly mean amazing, I wonder how much tax-payer money went to fund it. Think about it, they just launched a rocket into space to travel to mars with nothing but a Tesla car and stuffed astronaut suit playing David Bowie at a time when our government is about to run out of funding and shut down.
                              I think tax payer money did "fund" some of it, but in the form of contracts to carry supplies to the ISS, so it's not like a subsidy. But who really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

That being said, it wasn't just a launch to do a launch. Gotta best the rockets with payload before we can put folks on it. And there's much worse ways to spend gov't money.

Comment

It was a test launch. They would typically send up cement blocks, not satellites. This was an opportunity to throw in some extra advertising and to help build excitement for space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X