Anyone hunt in city limits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunt in city limits?

I was helping out some family friends clear some brush off of their adjacent 5 acre lots in southwest austin and made a joke about bowhunting out there, and low and behold I got permission to.

I guess the question is if anyone has any insight on hunting 10 acres inside Austin city limits. From what I've looked up it looks legal and I plan on calling the game warden but I figured I'd check here first.

I do plan on getting written permission from them, and a little about the properties, there is a 11 acre plot next to them on one side, Neighborhood on 2 sides up at the front of the property, and some sort of greenbelt all across the back of the property.

Thanks

no luck hunting within city limits but could be fun. Be safe about what and where you shoot

Comment

being in Austin I would be worried about using the wrong tag. Might look like a buck but may identify as a doe

Comment

We have been hunting on an old golf course about 100+ acres just blocks from shopping, lots of deer, the city will tell you no so talk to your local Game Warden.

Comment

If they taste like a McDouble with cheese, you know they ain't wild game.

Comment

Sounds like a gold mine.. get you a feeder running asap.You might checck on the 11 acres joining yall just in case you have to trail one over there.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Sounds like a gold mine.. get you a feeder running asap.You might checck on the 11 acres joining yall just in case you have to trail one over there.
              Exactly!!! Congratulations on getting that spot! !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                being in Austin I would be worried about using the wrong tag. Might look like a buck but may identify as a doe
                With a double lung shot I don't think he will be identifing with anything anymore.

Might be an issue if the deer expires in a neighbors front yard. I could see this being on the evening news.

Comment

Aim true. I just keep picturing a deer running through the neighborhood with a arrow stick out his hind end. In Austin, that would be front page stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it!!

I know the owner of the 11 acres has been less than neighborly towards the land owners, but i plan on hunting the opposite side of the property to save a potential headache

Comment

hunt in a subdivision on lots 10 acres or less in an unincorporated area of a county if the commissioners court, by order, prohibits the discharge of a firearm or the use of archery equipment in such subdivisions. (Contact local county clerk and ask about ยง235.022, Local Government Code.)

I doubt if you start asking permission that things will go well....

Comment

Two adjacent five-acre lots doesn't equal a 10 acre lot. As restrictive as most cities try to be now, I'd bet they would say not a 10 acre lot even if the legal ownership is in the exact same name if there are separate lots.

Comment

Never hunted in Austin City Limits and don't recall the exact law for Travis county. I live in SW austin now, shoot me a pm if you ever need help dragging something out of the woods or searching a blood trail. You hit a jackpot with that

Comment

I would bet good money that Austin has a city ordinance against that. If it's 10.01 acres they have no say so about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                              Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X