Tailgate Deer Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailgate Deer Processing

Every November when the rut kicks in and either-sex days open in many counties, there are deer processors across Georgia that fill up and are not able to take any more deer. A deer hunter should know how to quarter a deer and get that meat in a cooler. Here, Scott Hodges shows us on…

Nice.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for sharing

Comment

That is how I do most of my deer.

Comment

I have done about 90% of my deer like this. I have had to gut my last 3 though, since I took the to a processer.

Comment

Great video. Sold my truck so I’ll be hunting out of a car. Have been wondering how to quarter a deer this season. Looks like in the trunk till i get home then doing this on a plastic table will be my best option.

Comment

I’ve done it that way many times when a skinning rack wasn’t available or there was a line waiting at the rack.

Comment

My father and his buddy's were surgeons. One inch blades and a lot of hand work.
                Been doing this for a couple of decades...

Comment

About like skinning out a critter on the side of the mountain and packing it out. Obviously not as easy as hanging it up but not a bad way to get it done

Comment

He left the neck meat.
                    Guess you could do the neck on its side as well.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                      He left the neck meat.
                      Guess you could do the neck on its side as well.
                      I noticed that also. Neck roasts are some of the best tasting meat on the deer.

Comment

I’ve done as many as six deer in a weekend that way but I still prefer a gambrel and a hoist. But that works well in a pinch.

Comment

If you grew up in east Texas you wouldn’t need a video.

Comment

Just like doing an Elk in the field..

Comment

I like doing it that way as well but he sure did it alot more efficiently than I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X