No announcement yet.

Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texan here. It's chips & hot sauce.

Comment

I thought only Yankee city slickers used the word "salsa". It's all hot sauce.

Comment

I grew up to n the panhandle and we called it "hot sauce" all of the liquid stuff in the smaller bottles was called Tabasco regardless of brand.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
          I grew up in "west Texas" and I go with your buddy. We always ate chips and hot sauce. The other stuff I call by name. Tabasco, Franks and so forth.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1313.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	24492849

Growing up in west Texas, I've heard it both ways. But those that call what was described as hot sauce were usually city slickers, who wouldn't know a bell pepper from a habanero. Does that describe your friend, OP?

Comment

I was up there for a bowfishing/turkey/pig hunt so not really a city slicker. He is from the Abilene area so it's making sense here.... he is weird though lol!!

Comment

Salsa for sure.

Comment

I grew up in Abilene. #teamhotsauce

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Salsa

Hot sauce

Any questions?
                  Correct..however, she is not chunky in any way! I need to learn how to dance! Dang!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                    I grew up in "west Texas" and I go with your buddy. We always ate chips and hot sauce. The other stuff I call by name. Tabasco, Franks and so forth.

Same here...must be an area thing. Born and raised in Abilene and we always say chips and hot sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahhhh, we've had this same one at work. I work in Louisiana and they make fun of me for saying chips and hot sauce. I'm from southeast Texas for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                        Same here...must be an area thing. Born and raised in Abilene and we always say chips and hot sauce.

I was born and raised in east Texas. We eat chips and hot sauce. I will call salsa hot sauce but never the opposite. I would call most "hot sauce" Tabasco sauce because there is only one brand that matters. It's just like Kleenex or Coke.

Comment

West texas roots here... Salsa is chunky almost like Pico de gallo but a little more saucy and Hot Sauce was same ingredients but blended to very saucy consistency. I think we referred to all the pepper sauces above as "Looseeanna" hotsauce or tabasco...

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgHntr View Post
                            West texas roots here... Salsa is chunky almost like Pico de gallo but a little more saucy and Hot Sauce was same ingredients but blended to very saucy consistency. I think we referred to all the pepper sauces above as "Looseeanna" hotsauce or tabasco...

This. Two separate animals. In Cali Mex pico is called Salsa Fresca.

Comment

In Kempner we call it picante or salsa
                              Hot sauce comes in a bottle
                              Picante/salsa comes in a jar

Comment

I say chips and hot sauce, never salsa.

Comment

Working...
                                X