Which heat sourse do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which heat sourse do you use?

When you smoke things on your grill. What type grill or smoker do you use?
    Char coal, lump coal or wood.

All three. Depends on the mood. Lol

Comment

I use lump charcoal in both my kamado and my side-box smoker then add wood chunks of some kind. Since I've gotten the hang of smoking on the kamado I don't use the old side-box as much.

Comment

Grilling I use charcoal
        Smoking I use oak or pecan

Comment

Wood

Comment

Offset smoker with pecan. I will get the fire going with briquets.

Comment

I have Gas, Charcoal, wood smoker, and electric smoker. I mainly use gas grill and electric smoker. i guess i'm lazy But i'm happy w the result lol

Comment

Stick smoker with post oak or if I'm being lazy wood pellets in the amazing tray in the electric smoker

Comment

Either lump charcoal or post oak. Depends on the grill / method / meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We use the weber kettle with a slow n sear basket most of the time with briquettes and a small split of pecan. If we're cooking for a larger croud, we use the OK joe highland with a oak and pecan mix.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Goaticorn View Post
                      We use the weber kettle with a slow n sear basket most of the time with briquettes and a small split of pecan. If we're cooking for a larger croud, we use the OK joe highland with a oak and pecan mix.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                      I still have an OK Joe from 17 years ago, but the firebox is finally starting to rust out. I'm trying to figure out why they went up in cost when they started using 1/8 inch steel. Cant justify buying a new one like that. GREAT backyard smokers!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        Offset smoker with pecan. I will get the fire going with briquets.
                        Same here. Sometimes I use sticks and a piece of paper. But always pecan.

I can grill over pecan too, but a lot of times I will use lump mesquite charcoal to grill if I have any. Hard to source here in Memphis, I have to bring it with me from trips to Texas.

Lyfetyme offset from uvalde that I picked up for $200 off craigslist before we moved.

Comment

Wood for smoking or grilling.

Comment

My stick burner is massive, so I only use it for big cooks: oak or pecan typically. Pellet smoker for just me or small group.

Comment

Offset smoker........... Start with charcoal and add oak or mesquite to get a good bed of coals. Then I take small chunks of the wood that I have cut up with a miter saw and add during the cook.

Comment

Working...
                              X