X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they are closed on Monday's.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      For a city as big as Beaumont the selection of gun shops and bow shops is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fact

Comment

Beaumont Bow Shops

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Fact

Baton Rouge is double the size but has 10 times as many options. I’m not up to date on Beaumont’s gun shops but after shooters closed down I can’t remember any place that took its place.

In Baton Rouge there is:

Jim’s
        Bowie’s
        Bass Pro Shop
        Cabela’s
        Ford’s Firearms
        Lipsey’s(distributor)
        Hebert’s
        Precision
        FRC
        Meaux Guns
        Kyber Pass Tactical
        Interstate Guns(Hammond)
        Zulzer Firearms

Some of these are smaller but at least 6 of them have a good selection of guns.

I haven’t lived in Beaumont in 16 years but I am there all the time and the only place I know bedsides Academy or Walmart is Leger’s on hwy 90.

Is there anywhere in Beaumont you can walk in and buy a pair of Swaro Binos, Nighforce ATACR, Khales, Lecia, or any of the other higher end stuff?

Last edited by Black Ice; 08-17-2018, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
          X2, drive to Dayton and go Triple Edge. They have better customer service than Precision IMO.
          I can’t speak for Triple edge but Precision is lacking in customer service with me right now...

Comment

I guess I should restate this. If you were in Beaumont for a week, what archery shop would you go to lol. Precision it is. I’d drive from Freeport to go to Texas archery.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
              I can’t speak for Triple edge but Precision is lacking in customer service with me right now...
              I have had great luck with Precision. They are hands down the best if you have an issue with your bow that needs to be repaired. I bought a sight a few weeks ago and Donnie took time to show me several on the shelf. As I described exactly what I wanted he went to the back and returned with one that was perfect. I've known these guys a long time and they are good people with a great reputation. I think they are even the longest standing bow shop in Texas. Keep in mind that bow shops get real busy this time of year and they can only handle one person at a time each. Even if they have 3 or four workers they can still get backed up. If you will be patient they will help you and they know what they are doing. my experience is that whatever they do they do right. They are lifelong bowhunters and are a great source of information as well.

Comment

Another recommendation for Precision Archery, and they are closed on Mondays

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  Baton Rouge is double the size but has 10 times as many options. I’m not up to date on Beaumont’s gun shops but after shooters closed down I can’t remember any place that took its place.

In Baton Rouge there is:

Jim’s
                  Bowie’s
                  Bass Pro Shop
                  Cabela’s
                  Ford’s Firearms
                  Lipsey’s(distributor)
                  Hebert’s
                  Precision
                  FRC
                  Meaux Guns
                  Kyber Pass Tactical
                  Interstate Guns(Hammond)
                  Zulzer Firearms

Some of these are smaller but at least 6 of them have a good selection of guns.

I haven’t lived in Beaumont in 16 years but I am there all the time and the only place I know bedsides Academy or Walmart is Leger’s on hwy 90.

Is there anywhere in Beaumont you can walk in and buy a pair of Swaro Binos, Nighforce ATACR, Khales, Lecia, or any of the other higher end stuff?

Not that I’m aware of.

Comment

I only have experience with two bow shops in this area, Precision and the other has been closed a long time now. All my experience with Precision has been excellent. Donnie and his crew are very knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and I have never had a negative experience with them. Not only that I believe they are simply good people. Based on the way they have treated me, they have earned my business.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
                      I have had great luck with Precision. They are hands down the best if you have an issue with your bow that needs to be repaired. I bought a sight a few weeks ago and Donnie took time to show me several on the shelf. As I described exactly what I wanted he went to the back and returned with one that was perfect. I've known these guys a long time and they are good people with a great reputation. I think they are even the longest standing bow shop in Texas. Keep in mind that bow shops get real busy this time of year and they can only handle one person at a time each. Even if they have 3 or four workers they can still get backed up. If you will be patient they will help you and they know what they are doing. my experience is that whatever they do they do right. They are lifelong bowhunters and are a great source of information as well.
                      I don’t doubt that they are knowledgeable and have a good reputation. And I work in the service industry so I know how it is at times especially when it’s right before season. But I bought a bow from a gentleman down there that used Precision and I needed different cams for it. Since he dealt with them, I said I would use them to get the cams through. So I call and ask for hunter, he’s there but I Donnie had answered. Told him that I bought this bow from so and so and I needed new cams for it. I’m 3hrs away from him, I’ll pay for them and have them shipped to me. This was on a Friday. He said he would call next Tuesday to get payment and address. Tuesday, no phone call (which is understandable they can get busy). I call that Friday, he said that he didn’t remember me me needing them shipped to me, but they are in the way to his shop. He would call me when they are in. That was two weeks ago

Comment

Wish we had one around Alvin!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Wish we had one around Alvin!

Think there’s one in lake Jackson, but at that point you might as well head to spring lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                            Think there’s one in lake Jackson, but at that point you might as well head to spring lol.

No.....there is not.....or santa fe either

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
                              Yep. Donnie is good people. Done business with him for many years

Comment

Had my cable and string replaced and changed my sight to the single pin model at Precision Archery. All I can say is that they are a top notch outfit there and more than willing to help you when you come in there. They make you feel like you've known them your whole life. I will be back and would not have a problem travelling back there for all of my archery needs. Thank you gentlemen at Precision Archery in Bridge City, Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X