Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    You got bigger balls than me!
    I read that to mean that the tow-balls are bigger...
    That's funny!

TXBRASS, you keep on with your welding self! I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
      And the bottom line is I sprayed it with Krylon, so that will hold it all together if all else fails! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krylon!

I can’t find/buy a tow hook to fit the rear 1 1/4” receiver for my Honda Pioneer 500. Can you weld one for me?

Comment

I also was going to question the integrity of those welds judging by the pictures. Until it was stated that there was krylon on there. Never mind. Good To go. Lol

Comment

She’s been pulling like a champ. Even had 5K worth of feed and 3 quads on her at once and bed as wells as equalizers are completely level now.

Comment

At least you are using your safety chains.

Comment

OP, the tendency here is to criticize, no matter what you do. Don’t worry about the naysayers, it’s what they do. My welds aint pretty either, but like you, I’ve never had one fail. And BTW, my Daddy didn’t teach me, so I’m sure you’re better than I am.

Comment

You need some duct tape to really strengthen her up. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post

I didn't think of that! Gonna get the caution orange duct tape, so when it does fall off, I can easily find in the grass on the side of the road and tape it back on.

Comment

Be careful not to tear your pant leg on those welds.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Be careful not to tear your pant leg on those welds.

Thanks for that heads-up. I’ll be sure to watch out for that from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                          I didn't think of that! Gonna get the caution orange duct tape, so when it does fall off, I can easily find in the grass on the side of the road and tape it back on.

I like it good job bud!

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

I like it good job bud!

Thanks man! Have pulled the big trailer hundreds of miles with it already fully loaded and she’s doing great. Guess I’ll keep the tape handy just in case. [emoji41]

Comment

Kuddos to you for trying stuff.

There is some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM here (on your thread). Do as you please, but it would be wise to take note. I've learned tones on the Green Screen

Even a super cheesy stock bumper with a hole for a trailer ball is thicker than what you have ended up with. You said thick wall square tubing, I'm going to guess 1/4". Yes, there is a lot of metal there, just not all where it needs to be. I know have of us gasped when we saw the photo... For a hitch, those welds are spooky. Way different welding a spare tire mount on top of your trailer and welding something that will have some serious stress.

I'm not bashing you. Not only that, but if you find yourself driving through Hondo, I will meet you and give you a drop hitch (turn it 180º). Green Screen Love

Comment

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
                                Even a super cheesy stock bumper with a hole for a trailer ball is thicker than what you have ended up with.

Oh brother....[emoji2359]

Comment

Working...
                                X