Hunting Alone At The Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Alone At The Lease

I know this has been brought up a hundred times, but I just like hearing all the new stories about hunting alone at the ranch. I will be at my ranch for the next 8 days and there are times it's go and times it's boring. The only thing I hate the most is going by the old homestead house on the ranch makes my hair stand up in the mornings/evening coming in from the hunt. Plus being in the middle of know where my wife gets a little nervous.

When you’re alone you can really do some serious hunting imo. I do it once a year, I take off mid week. Heck, I’ve killed one of my biggest bucks hunting at the ranch by myself. Just be CAREFUL and keep your phone close if you get in a bind. Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Set a given time to call her everyday. If you don't call she can send someone out to check on you. Also hunt from the ground only.

Comment

I have only hunted a couple times by myself it has its pro/cons

My wife gets nervous but I have lease members phone numbers and GW on the frig and keep her updated through the day

Comment

I hunt alone a lot and I used to enjoy it more than I do now. I get more things done around the ranch and my time is used more efficiently than when I have someone with me. The only downside is the biggest of all... Nobody to share the excitement of a successful hunt with.

Comment

Still like a little time alone, but enjoy the other guys being there and the times we have. Plus it can also be a huge safety factor with others around.

Comment

Half the fun is drinking beer and working on projects with your buddies. But any time hunting is better than working.

Just be extra careful climbing high and use a light in the dark

Comment

I’ve hunted approximately 90 Times this year and all have been alone. It’s great but even greater with friends and family.

Comment

Done it a million times. Mostly on public lands. But it is also nice to have company sometimes.

Comment

I like it. I was out on family land this week, and they were at work during the days. It was nice to be able to sit in a stand, get bored, ease around the property checking other feeders, and going through the woods without having to worry about messing up someone else's hunt.

Comment

I have always enjoyed hunting by myself, but lately I prefer having company. It's just not as fun to me hunting alone.

Comment

I enjoy a few days alone.

Comment

I enjoy the time alone.

Comment

I prefer to have folks in camp during season even if just 1-2... .....especially for hunt successes and for the campfire/food at night. But every now and then, the solitude is nice. I like to get up there early in the middle of the week, hunt 2-3 days and then the weekend folks' arrival is very welcomed. Like a puppy waiting on its master to come home..LOL

During the work time of the year, once a year, I like to get up there early and get my long list of piddly stuff done alone without somebody tapping their toe and looking at their watch in a hurry to get to theirs, while I work at my pace and get all my items done right and checked off for once.. I call it list cleaning day(s) and I love the productivity. I check in with the wife and the locals guys when I do. Of course we work faster as a group with the big stuff like corn, hay and water.
                            Last edited by Smart; 11-22-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Man to me one of the best times at the lease is coming back to camp asking how others hunts went and kicking your feet up by the fire BS'ing

Comment

Working...
                              X