School me on releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on releases

I shoot a Scott at the recommendation of my local shop. Before that I just had a Walmart cheapo.

My buddy is buying his first bow, and it's trying to stay under $500 ready to shoot. I'm not that experienced either. So I don't know where he can save. My thoughts were the release. How much does a more expensive release help vs something cheap.

I use a Truefire Hardcore strap release. Bought used on AT for $45 bucks. Best one I've ever used.

Comment

I used a cheapo Trufire for years and thought there was no difference in releases. I was wrong. I switched to a Scott and my groups sizes reduced by 50%. I have shot it for years because the trigger is so light. Just like a rifle trigger. If you're shooting at 15 yards at a deer, it doesn't matter too much but the further you shoot, the more it matters. I like to know when I touch the trigger, it's go time.

Comment

I've tried expensive releases, but I shoot better with an inexpensive Scott.

Comment

I've been shooting a Scott little goose for a while now. Really like it. Haven't had a reason to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive used off brand releases from bass pro shops, I first used their dual jaw release, it is a Scott shark rebranded through bass pro at a cheaper price. Now I use bass pro’s three finger release, it is actually a trufire hardcore 4 finger head with a three finger body just rebranded through bass pro , cheaper than tru fire. Have not had any problems with either release.

Comment

If he's on a budget, look at the Scott Samurai.

Comment

I’ve been wanting to try a 3 or 4 release, but dang their so expensive!

Comment

Ive shot a Scott Little Goose (bought off AT for $45), and now have had two Tru-Fire Hardcore Max releases (one I got opened and unused for $75 and the other I just got brand new on Amazon for $87). The Hardcore max is really comfortable and infinitely adjustable, can set the trigger really sensitive and can adjust length to any length, plus it has a really comfortable strap. Can definitely tell the difference in quality, but honestly some of the cheaper releases are good too. GF shoots a Tru-ball release that was about $40 brand new and Ive used it in a pinch and honestly its a pretty good release.

Comment

I've shot the Scott Itty Bitty Goose for over 10 years now. Don't make this model anymore, but I managed to find three more and bought them right up.

Comment

I use the Scott little bitty goose....wierd name for an archery release, but it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
                        I use the Scott little bitty goose....wierd name for an archery release, but it works great.

“It’s alright to be little bitty”

Comment

Working...
                        X