Honeymoon help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeymoon help?

Ok, so I started a thread a while back and since then I’ve made about a foot of progress out a mile on where to go for our honeymoon in June. We don’t exactly have a tight budget but we also don’t want to spend a ton either just to get there and stay bc my fiancé and I are adventurous and like to actually do things besides sit on a resort.

Here is where we are at. Our options right now are Antigua, St. Lucia, and the Dominican. Activities that are a must for us are snorkeling and beach excursions. Maybe even scuba diving but that will depend when we get there. We definitely like hiking and would want to zip line. Also on the list is fishing, HOWEVER, I’ve been out a hand full of times deep sea fishing and all I’ve ever caught is a bonito. So maybe reef fishing would be a better option to just catch fish???

We’ve been to st Thomas and St. John. St. John was absolutely incredible.

If anyone has any insight on these places or something I may be overlooking in the same price range or haven’t thought of that includes these activities then by all means, chime in. We have to get this booked ASAP! Also, are sandals resorts worth the hype and extra coin? I’ve read tons of reviews and it seems they are pretty even with a few other resorts that are less money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want to change the title of your thread. You should be able to take care of the HONEYMOON on your own.

Comment

Going to Thailand in April for 10 days for 6k....good mix of adventure and relaxation. All 5 star hotels and resorts.

Comment

I went on my honeymoon last June. Sandals in St, Lucia was amazing. Scuba diving is free at all Sandals resorts now.

Sandals was definitely worth the extra coin. I highly recommend the club level experience.

Comment

I stayed in the Ladera resort on St. Lucia for my 'weddingmoon.' It's a drive from the south of the island but - it's all inclusive and it's beautiful. Climb Gros Piton, zip line, hiking, sport fishing (other side of the island) and some other stuff. Private beach within a free taxi ride. Great restaurants pretty close. We really want to go back.

Comment

Sandal's St. Lucia was awesome. We went snorkling, zip lining, deep sea fishing (well more like riding around because we didn't catch anything) and skiing/wakeboarding.
            The skiing/wakeboarding was included at the hotel.

Don't have to worry about taking too much cash because you can pay for everything in advance.

Comment

I went to Dominican and went "fishing". Boat took us out maybe an hour or two and than circled back. I mean they atleast threw lines out and pretended we were trolling. I was ****** and talked **** when we arrived. Still didn't get my money back. It was the first time on a fishing boat going "offshore" with the wife and she got stupid sick so I didn't mind heading back. It was 3 couples. I felt bad for the other 2, tradesman from England and got took for their money, was telling me how he had been saving for 10 years to come to the Dominican...

DR is nice but I would do some serious research about the fishing. We were there for a week, we also don't like staying in the resort. Like exploring the places we travel to. It's fairly inexpensive though, I think we spent maybe $2300 with flight and hotel. Everything included.

The Dominican has beautiful beaches and if you like exploring there are cenotes you can go to with a guide.

I know there are places to Zip Line and snorkel. I don't know how to swim so I didn't look into it much.
              Last edited by Azzy; 01-30-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Punta Cana in the Dominican!

Comment

Originally posted by recar View Post
                  I went on my honeymoon last June. Sandals in St, Lucia was amazing. Scuba diving is free at all Sandals resorts now.

Sandals was definitely worth the extra coin. I highly recommend the club level experience.
                  What’s the difference with club level?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
                    Going to Thailand in April for 10 days for 6k....good mix of adventure and relaxation. All 5 star hotels and resorts.
                    Is this per person and is it a tour or who is it with, I'm interested in going there.

Comment

You already spoiled her with 2 trips out of the country

Comment

Honeymoon help?

I've been to Punta Cana. And I've been to Costa Rica.

I'll probably never go back to the Dominican. And me and the wife are dying to go back to Costa Rica. So much more to see. They have more rain forest and volcanoes. Bill fishing is excellent compared to the Atlantic. We caught several sailfish, tons of Dorado, and plenty of bonito. Whole boat to ourselves for $700. Zip lining through the rain forest is awesome. Much better than from pole-to-pole.

I would look into the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Flights are cheap now on Southwest. We flew into Liberia. Stayed at the RIU Palace Guanacaste. And would do it again.

The Dominican wasn't bad. Don't get me wrong. Fishing is to be desired. Felt much more touristy.

I will say this... snorkeling will be better in the Atlantic/Gulf. Warmer water. Scuba diving is fine either place.

I just enjoyed the jungle and rain forest better in Costa Rica. And we want to go back and do the overnight volcano excursion. Supposed to be awesome, can see the glow reflecting off of the lakes below.

View from the room

Looking back at the resorts from the boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                          Is this per person and is it a tour or who is it with, I'm interested in going there.

For both of us. 2 nights in Bangkok and the rest in ko samui. I’m sure It can be done cheaper but we are inexperienced travelers and went through an agent. We made our own schedule as far as excursions go.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            You already spoiled her with 2 trips out of the country
                            St Thomas and St. John were all in the same trip. And was mostly free through the company I worked for. Cheaper to stay at st Thomas and taxi to St. John. I could happily live on that island.

Comment

Going to St. Lucia in March. Remind me and I can give you a more or less current report.

Comment

Working...
                              X