No announcement yet.

2019 F250 death wobble question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you been in mud recently? Could just be you have mud in your rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
      I know several people with the issue. Throw some different tires on there and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Are you a ford service writer?

This was the same reply I got from our ford service guy

Comment

That's crazy, the cost of one of those trucks and have issues like that?

Comment

Originally posted by HYDRO_69 View Post
          I have a 2018 F250 Fx4, 4 door short bed diesel with 26k on it. Heading out of S-Ville towards Dublin last week with the cruise set on 75mph. Hit a very small bump and all hell broke out. I'm not sure who was more scared me or the guy who was about to pass me. It finally quit at about 30mph or so. Truck is all stock from the dealer and has been serviced as it should. Truck has an appointment at the Ford house tomorrow morning, since I just got back in town. From what I can gather from folks its has happened to it's probably a front stabilizer bar.

Update. -

After I wrote the first post it happened 3 more times in 3 days. Monday following the first time I posted I put in shop

Service Advisor - said he sees just as many 2019’s as 17’s and 18’s. Said no on tires because some cords are shipped with different brands. Also said that my mileage was very low and usually around 15,000 it happens. He said luck of the draw.

They had the truck 4 days not sure why. The service report said Damper Assembly. Said a small gap in sway bar. No guarantee to be fixed and told me it will probably happen again.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Oh Hell no! Not if I just spent that $70,000-$90,000 on a new truck. How has Ford not had a class action lawsuit filed against them for this?

Comment

Y'all act like this is something new. In 1975, I had a 1970 F100 that did the samething. When it started to wobble, I hit the brake real hard and that NORMALLY would stop it.

Comment

So Ford has 100's of thousands of Super Duty trucks out there that may death wobble at 75+ mph and there isn't a recall?

I wonder how many have lost control of the truck during a DW episode and been killed or injured?

A high center of gravity heavy truck with DW at 75mph would be going to the dealer on a flat bed. They could sell it to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                  So Ford has 100's of thousands of Super Duty trucks out there that may death wobble at 75+ mph and there isn't a recall?

I wonder how many have lost control of the truck during a DW episode and been killed or injured?

A high center of gravity heavy truck with DW at 75mph would be going to the dealer on a flat bed. They could sell it to someone else.
                  I’ve had DW on my 17’ F-350, and my 12’ Cummins came a hell of a lot closer to killing me than this Ford ever has lol Rolling south on 385 out of Odessa, and coming to the red light at Wilson’s corner. Brakes decide to pop smoke and lit the front driver side wheel well of the truck on fire. I blew through the redlight at roughly 70. That was the day I called the boss man and told him to come get his POS, and if they thought I was getting in another Dodge they’d be looking for a new hand. Maintenance wasn’t neglected on it. I was **** about it.
                  Last edited by TX03RUBI; 11-11-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Yep, I just bought a 2019 with the same problem. The dealerships response? Drive it for 2500 miles and see if “it settles. I’m livid and contacted Ford directly. They are trying to resolve the issue. We’ll see...

Comment

Is this on the gas or diesel models are both?
                      God Bless
                      Bish

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        Toyota
                        Helpful contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                          Helpful contribution.
                          Nissan?

Comment

2019 F250 death wobble question

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                            God Bless
                            Bish

Any vehicle equipped with solid front axle and coil springs.
                            Last edited by bboswell; 11-11-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                              God Bless
                              Bish
                              My 2013 F250 gas with just over 100000 did it several times, went to Ford dealership in Granbury where I bought it and the service guy acted like he had never heard of fords doing this. The 3rd time it did it Texstar in Stephenville replaced everything Granbury had already replaced and still the DW again. Replaced the tires and all has been good for 10000 miles so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a 2012 f250 6.7 with 180,000+ miles on it, never did it once. I did put a 2.5” lift on it at about 28,000 and 35” tires and a dual steering stabilizer. Never had any issues. I just bought my wife a 2019 so hopefully I have the same luck on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X