Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #751
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
Looks like an awesome night fishing the lights!! Congrats Johnny!!
What lure is that ?
Something I threw together. 1/32 jig head and found those little minnow imitations near the tube jigs at Academy. Always seem like trout are always feeding on glass minnows in the lights. This rig is deadly for this situation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 05:38 PM   #752
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Something I threw together. 1/32 jig head and found those little minnow imitations near the tube jigs at Academy. Always seem like trout are always feeding on glass minnows in the lights. This rig is deadly for this situation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info and your right about the glass minnows in the lights. They are always chasing the smallest minnows in the lights. Looks like y'all flat out whacked em
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #753
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

I like throwing the smallest clear swimbait with no weight on an ultralight under lights.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #754
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

You guys are slamming them! Dang rain or i'd be slinging!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Mexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #755
bullets13
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Fannett
Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co
Default

When the trout are around, I’ve never had a problem catching them on cocahoe glows. Trout can’t stand it when you drag one past them at night.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 09:26 PM   #756
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Waco
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Nice. Any trout? Two more days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyak View Post
Hackberry Saturday 6/16




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 09:27 PM   #757
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Waco
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TildenHunter View Post
Fished Big Lake this weekend. Didnít have a boat so we were just fishing from the pier. Had a blast and caught a good box of fish.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What part of the lake were y'all on? Thinking of getting an early start to find some dock lights this weekend before sunrise. But haven't been out there enough to know where lights are on. Was thinking prien or lake street was a safe bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM   #758
TildenHunter
Pope & Young
 
TildenHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
What part of the lake were y'all on? Thinking of getting an early start to find some dock lights this weekend before sunrise. But haven't been out there enough to know where lights are on. Was thinking prien or lake street was a safe bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk


We were down by Hebertís on the East shore. Good luck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM   #759
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Waco
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TildenHunter View Post
We were down by Hebertís on the East shore. Good luck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. We'll be staying at my folks in sulphur. Heberts is a ways out. Gonna have to do some scouting!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #760
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Calhoun County
Default

We will be back down in Seadrift in a few days and canít wait. I hope the rains donít muck up fishing from the bank because I really want to tie a fly on in the wee hours and play with the schooling specs just off the sea wall. We shall see.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brazos Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #761
zhall
Eight Point
 
zhall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Thrall
Hunt In: Central Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURTONboy View Post
The jetty on the ship channel just east of town or heading out to the surf? I'll be down there in a month and plan to fish the jetty just east of town as I don't have a boat.
The ones headed out to the surf.
zhall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM   #762
Codie
Pope & Young
 
Codie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Graham Texas
Hunt In: Young,Throckmorton & Shackleford counties
Default

any tips on where to fish south of Galveston and north of San Luis Pass?
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #763
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young
 
Rack Ranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Of The Gulf Coast Aquifer
Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water
Default Headed back to Mansfield tomorrow

You guys continue to impress!!!

Just about loaded and ready, I have a brisket cooking right now so all we have to do is heat in oven before afternoon wade Thursday. Steaks for Friday night and I'm confident we will be having a fish fry on Saturday night. Can you tell I'm in charge of the food? 9 of us total with three boats, should be fun dodging the rain, clouds I love, lighting is a no go. I will let ya'll know how it goes. Plenty of Sand eel jrs and DSL's packed and ready!!#beatthecroakersoakers
Rack Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM   #764
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Waco
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codie View Post
any tips on where to fish south of Galveston and north of San Luis Pass?
Wade, surf, boat, or yak?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #765
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Waco
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
You guys continue to impress!!!

Just about loaded and ready, I have a brisket cooking right now so all we have to do is heat in oven before afternoon wade Thursday. Steaks for Friday night and I'm confident we will be having a fish fry on Saturday night. Can you tell I'm in charge of the food? 9 of us total with three boats, should be fun dodging the rain, clouds I love, lighting is a no go. I will let ya'll know how it goes. Plenty of Sand eel jrs and DSL's packed and ready!!#beatthecroakersoakers
Where y'all headed? Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM   #766
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young
 
Rack Ranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Of The Gulf Coast Aquifer
Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water
Default

Port Mansfield
Rack Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM   #767
Vulcanman
Eight Point
 
Vulcanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW
Default

Caught this one almost a year ago...maybe 2.
My biggest speck to date 29.5Ē.
Hoping to catch a bigger one in a couple weeks.
Attached Images
 
Vulcanman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM   #768
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Good luck RR! As soon as this weather clears I'll be in the salt!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Mexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #769
Codie
Pope & Young
 
Codie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Graham Texas
Hunt In: Young,Throckmorton & Shackleford counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Wade, surf, boat, or yak?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
wade
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #770
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Waco
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codie View Post
wade
Jumbile cove can produce, GISP has a lot of terrain also. Those are both easy wade areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #771
manwitaplan
Pope & Young
 
manwitaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Spent 5 days in pensacola and we caught these








Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #772
chase15
Eight Point
 
chase15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: College Station, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
Port Mansfield
North was good last weekend
chase15 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #773
Stuck
Ten Point
 
Stuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Katy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanman View Post
Caught this one almost a year ago...maybe 2.
My biggest speck to date 29.5Ē.
Hoping to catch a bigger one in a couple weeks.
Uh, 👀 look over your shoulder, your hooked up with a 31Ē
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #774
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwitaplan View Post
Spent 5 days in pensacola and we caught these








Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!
That looks like a real good time! Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #775
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties
Default

We are just now getting after them in the lights. Last night we only caught a few trout. We had squalls rolling in on us with serious rain and wind gusts up to 50. We kept on fishing through it and grinding out a few. Got a few redfish for the grill tomorrow evening just a bit ago.







Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 03:59 AM   #776
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
We are just now getting after them in the lights. Last night we only caught a few trout. We had squalls rolling in on us with serious rain and wind gusts up to 50. We kept on fishing through it and grinding out a few. Got a few redfish for the grill tomorrow evening just a bit ago.







Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Nice! Looks like she's having fun too

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Mexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 07:07 AM   #777
ace340cs
Ten Point
 
ace340cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mcallen Tx.
Hunt In: Use to in Mexico, South Texas
Default

Nice Deal!!!
ace340cs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 09:53 AM   #778
Bassbuster
Six Point
 
Bassbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Burnet tx
Hunt In: Burnet, New Mexico,west texas
Default

I'm headed to the ulm Friday going to fish with a guide. What will this rain do to the fishing for the weekend?
Bassbuster is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 10:12 AM   #779
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbuster View Post
I'm headed to the ulm Friday going to fish with a guide. What will this rain do to the fishing for the weekend?
Redfish could care less about the abundance of fresh water, trout on the other hand will move away from it to areas that hold more salinity.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Mexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 10:31 AM   #780
88 Bound
Ten Point
 
88 Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
You guys continue to impress!!!

Just about loaded and ready, I have a brisket cooking right now so all we have to do is heat in oven before afternoon wade Thursday. Steaks for Friday night and I'm confident we will be having a fish fry on Saturday night. Can you tell I'm in charge of the food? 9 of us total with three boats, should be fun dodging the rain, clouds I love, lighting is a no go. I will let ya'll know how it goes. Plenty of Sand eel jrs and DSL's packed and ready!!#beatthecroakersoakers
Nice! Myself and a big group will be down Saturday thru the following Sunday. Looking forward to it.
88 Bound is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #781
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young
 
Rack Ranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Of The Gulf Coast Aquifer
Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water
Default

We are at 705 Northshore. Frying fish Saturday night, swing by and I'll give you a report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Bound View Post
Nice! Myself and a big group will be down Saturday thru the following Sunday. Looking forward to it.
Rack Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com