No announcement yet.

Tornado near San Saba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucker just grazed us here in BWD. The winds though...

After it moved south, I was standing in the middle of the street looking south and could see the very tops of the anvil shaped cell. I had a feeling nothing good was happening underneath it.

Before it went by us, it dumped a ton of small hail in Zephyr, some pics looked like 3' snow drifts.

Comment

Anything happen near Richland Springs? Thank goodness i pulled my camper home to do some work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        Anything happen near Richland Springs? Thank goodness i pulled my camper home to do some work on it.
        It sounded like Richland Springs had the worst of it.

Comment

I'm about to head to SA. Will cruise through there.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
            It sounded like Richland Springs had the worst of it.

Uh oh. Our lease is about 8 miles north of there.

Comment

Uh oh. Our lease is about 8 miles north of there.
              From what I've read, the area the NWS is surveying for damage is from Richland Springs south to Pontotoc (where a DPS trooper reported a confirmed tornado on the ground).

Comment

Thanks for the info. Guess we'll find out sooner or later. Our camp is on top of a hill.

Comment

Friend that lives between San Saba and Richland said Richland got hit bad. Soft ball size hail.

Comment

Just spoke with the rancher who runs cows on our lease. His real estate office in Richland Springs got hit as did much of the little town. No loss of human life but it killed some livestock and tore things up there pretty bad. Still without power and water today. He wasn't sure if our camp got hit yet or not.

DUKFVR how did you make out? They said the storm was headed for the Sloan area last night and you are pretty close to that.

Comment

Buddy in zephyr got softball sized hail.

Comment

Prayers up for all friends there

Comment

My lease is off 500 and east of 45. Our trailers got hit hard all still upright but broken windows, ac covers etc. Lots of big old oak trees down leaves shredded from trees. We missed being in it last night by about 30 minutes. We we're being looked after hope everyone else is ok.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad y'all are ok jwstrother. Sounds like we are neighbors. We are just west of 45 off of FM 502. So did the tornado come down the east side of 45 from what you saw?

Comment

Thanks for thinking of us. Much Appreciated.We were extremely lucky. Just small hail and rain. Trees got shredded a little and hard rain. Saw a guy at tractor supply a bit ago. Truck totally trashed. Only window left was windshield and it was one big spiderweb. Showed me a pic of his wife's suburban. Totally ruined. Said it looks like a nuclear war went through. Trees dont have any leaves. He lost some sheep and found one dead doe this am with a crushed skull. He lives in Richland Springs right on 190. He showed me a big aluminum pot like you cook on an outside burner. It looks like someone beat it with a sledgehammer. Pray for the people that went through it.
                              Last edited by DUKFVR; 05-26-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X