Fishing help Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing help Montana

Going to be in Red lodge for several days at the end of May, just want to catch fish. I don't care how, spinning tackle is fine.

I lived on The Bitterroot for about a year and would fish every morning before work. I always used a ultralite spinning rod/reel, 4 lb test and rooster tails, beetle-spins and the such. Caught trout on everything and almost any lure I threw. Stay in the shade and/or approach the water like you're stalking game.

Also, be sure to read the regulations on where you're fishing! Some areas require barbless hooks and some places are artificial only.

Comment

Panther martins and crush the barb down.

Comment

Any colors?
        Also any good holes for brook trout?
        My mom loves those little trout

Comment

I've got family in southwest Montana close to Idaho. We went to visit and them little trout would tear up a rooster tail with some worms on it.

Comment

Iures mentioned and I'll add a fly with the smallest split shot you can cast and a orange z-ray

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That's runoff time. Any river or stream is going to be a mess. Grab a map and head to West Rosebud lake, it's in a canyon at the base of the Beartooths, maybe an hour from Redlodge. Fish are anywhere, but the inlet will be good fishing on the seam between the creek that will be raging, and the lake which will be clear.

Comment

Working...
              X