Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were going to sell one... which would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were going to sell one... which would it be?

I've got plenty of Encore and Contender barrels chambered in various cartridges. Right now I have:

Contender:
    .17 pistol
    .22LR pistol
    7 TCU pistol
    7-30 Waters pistol
    .30 Herrett pistol
    .357 Max carbine and pistol
    .44 Mag carbine

Encore:
    .22-250 rifle
    .243 rifle
    .260 rifle
    6.8 SPC carbine
    7mm-08 rifle
    .308 pistol
    .357 Max rifle

In "other than single shots" - I have a .308, .270, and .30-30

Out of all of these, the ones shot least are the 7mm-08 and .243 rifle barrels. So I'm considering parting ways with one of the two. The 7mm-08 has had work-ups done, and I have a good load for it. The .243 has never been shot (by me), but I have loaded some test rounds for it.

So I'm leaning towards parting ways with the .243. But then I think - I already have two other 7mm's (7 TCU and 7-30 Waters), with no other .243's.... so get rid of the 7mm-08. But they just aren't the same. Same caliber, different cartridge, different performance.

What I should do (I know), is be patient and just save up money for what I want (a receiver for my .260 so that one can stay fully assembled all the time). But it's been a while, and I'm getting antsy.

All the best,
    Glenn

sounds like you have already made your decision... sell the one you have never shot or probably will never shoot.

So how much do you want for the 243? Length? Stainless?

Comment

For me, it would be the .243 Win. I just have never had any affection for it. Lots of fans out there, and I know what it's capable of, but to me, the 25/06 is a better cartridge. All personal preference !

Comment

And the tcu
        And the 6.8
        And the 260 (or 7-08)

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          And the tcu
          And the 6.8
          And the 260
          None of those are on the chopping block. Just between the .243 and 7mm-08.
          All the best,
          Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
            sounds like you have already made your decision... sell the one you have never shot or probably will never shoot.

So how much do you want for the 243? Length? Stainless?
            I haven’t made up my mind to sell it just yet, but it’s a 24” Blued N.H. manufactured barrel, plus brass, bullets, dies, and maybe a Talley or DNZ mount and a Nikon Prostaff or Vortex Crossfire 2 scope.

I’ve never cared for TC stainless. I only own one (the .308 pistol), and that’s getting Cerakoted at this time.

All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

I think you should sell me that 30 Herrett, that will be one less to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                I think you should sell me that 30 Herrett, that will be one less to worry about.
                . That’s one of my favorites. I have a full length .22LR insert that goes in that barrel as well, so when I’m hunting deer... I can also dispatch that pesky squirrel.

It’s the bottom one in this picture. The one with the two handed loop “Crusher” grip from Haus of Arms. The other is my 7TCU with the Ambi grip.

All the best,
                Glenn
                Attached Files

Comment

Man that's a heck of a rig. Does the insert hit point of aim or do you have to change scope settings. I have an insert for my Shiloh Sharps 45-70 and it is very accurate.

Comment

What are your Contender pistol barrel lengths?

And the .243 would go.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      What are your Contender pistol barrel lengths?
                      And the .243 would go.
                      The Contender pistol barrels are all 14” with the exception of the .30 Herrett. That one is 10”.

Thanks. The .243 is leading the “to go” race.

All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        Man that's a heck of a rig. Does the insert hit point of aim or do you have to change scope settings. I have an insert for my Shiloh Sharps 45-70 and it is very accurate.
                        I haven’t tested it at any distance further than the feeder (30 yards). It actually hits approx 2” high at that distance with CCI Mini-Mags. I need to do more testing at distance.

All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

I made the decision. I sold the reloading components first so I wouldn't be stuck with them if the buyer wasn't a reloader. They sold much faster than I anticipated. I must have not asked enough. So the .243 barrel is going to be put up on the Classifieds page shortly.

Thanks for the replies.
                          All the best,
                          Glenn

Comment

Working...
                          X