Marlin 30-30 SBR - what sight??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlin 30-30 SBR - what sight??

I SBR’d my Marlin 30-30 lever gun and had it cut down to 11.5” barrel and threaded for my Omega. I’m stuck on what sight to put on it. Needs to be tall to get over the suppressor with cover on it. Not opposed to sticking with iron sights, or maybe a holographic red dot. Has a picatinny rail on the back to mount. Any thoughts?

Chris

Red Dot with a 3x flip over magnifier!!!!

Comment

That's pretty awesome. I'd go with A good low power variable.

Comment

Im running an RMR on mine. sighted in at 100 yards, negligible difference at 50

Comment

My recommendation would largely depend on your intended use. I would, however, really like to know what your magazine capacity is with the barrel cut to 11.5". This seems like an odd route to go for an SBR, given that cutting the barrel and making room for a can reduces mag capacity.

Comment

pics or it didnt happen

Comment

My thoughts are that you should take that abomination of a suppressor cover off that otherwise incredible SBR. Who shoots a lever gun enough to make the can too hot?

If that were my gun, I would replace your rail and rear sight with an XS rail (scout or full config—not sure). Then I would run a RDS way out front.

Awesome gun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
                My recommendation would largely depend on your intended use. I would, however, really like to know what your magazine capacity is with the barrel cut to 11.5". This seems like an odd route to go for an SBR, given that cutting the barrel and making room for a can reduces mag capacity.
                It holds three in the tube. Clearly, I’m not worried about magazine capacity on my lever gun, that’s what my 8.5” AR is for!

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
                  pics or it didnt happen
                  Is the pic not working?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    My thoughts are that you should take that abomination of a suppressor cover off that otherwise incredible SBR. Who shoots a lever gun enough to make the can too hot?

If that were my gun, I would replace your rail and rear sight with an XS rail (scout or full config—not sure). Then I would run a RDS way out front.

Awesome gun!!!
                    Cover is on there so I don’t have to worry about banging the can up, not for heat.

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                      Im running an RMR on mine. sighted in at 100 yards, negligible difference at 50
                      This is what I was originally thinking. What’s a good RMR that’s cheaper than the trijicon?

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                        Cover is on there so I don’t have to worry about banging the can up, not for heat.
                        It's a tool not a toy. That can is a lil tougher than you think. Your call, though.

Vortex Viper is a solid RMR choice that's cheaper than the Trij. Another good option would be the Primary Arms MD-ADS, which comes with a riser that would clear your cover. It will look funny I think, but I think it looks funny already.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

Awesome gun!!!
                          x2 that suppressor cover from SiCo is kind of silly big. Grab something similar to the original Armageddon Gear mirage cover, they have a heat shield version now but it will be really thick like your current one. Should work good if you are just worried about scratches, etc. Or just wait until it looks horrible and re-coat it! My .556 suppressor has what my wife would call a 'weathered' look.

Cool setup!

On the optics - I have a Romeo/Juliet setup on one of my AR's and am loving the combo from Sig. A good bit cheaper than Aimpoint with some really good options.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                            This is what I was originally thinking. What’s a good RMR that’s cheaper than the trijicon?
                            There's not one...LOL

Ive had bad luck with the vortex red dot. I've got a Dr site on another gun that is "ok", but the RMR cant be beat when it comes to function/fit. Especially the Type 2 adjustable. Mine is a 3 MOA, and I absolutely love it.

Comment

I put an RMR on mine. I enjoyed it. The XS ghost ring sight sucked. A lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X