Big Rain in Menard County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Rain in Menard County

This morning it began raining hard about 4:00 AM and rained for about an hour and a half. When it ended, I had 3.5" in my gauge at the house.
    The rain was much needed and I hope that it helps to break the heat as it was 105 here Saturday afternoon.
    Adios,
    Gary

Im hoping we got a good rain in Mills County and we caught some water. Desperately needed.

Comment

Will be coming in Thursday afternoon to look for spots! Hope the rain stays away for the weekend.

Comment

Looks as though we got a lot of the wet stuff up in the Lampasas/Lometa area. We sure needed it too. Headed up Thursday to see what good it did.

Anybody with boots on the ground up there that can give actuals??

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
          Looks as though we got a lot of the wet stuff up in the Lampasas/Lometa area. We sure needed it too. Headed up Thursday to see what good it did.

Anybody with boots on the ground up there that can give actuals??
          According to the LCRA map west of Lampas got just shy of 3". Burnet are got a bunch with some flash flooding.

Comment

Got a lot of rain at my parents place in Junction but my place in Rocksprings didn't get a drop.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
              Got a lot of rain at my parents place in Junction but my place in Rocksprings didn't get a drop.
              Same here. I watched it coming on RADAR. When it made it to the Kerr/Kimble County line it moved a little north and then fizzled out.

I'm really concerned about wildfire this year. Almost as concerned as 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                This morning it began raining hard about 4:00 AM and rained for about an hour and a half. When it ended, I had 3.5" in my gauge at the house.
                The rain was much needed and I hope that it helps to break the heat as it was 105 here Saturday afternoon.
                Adios,
                Gary
                Any info on rain nw of town?

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
                  Any info on rain nw of town?
                  Half way between menard and Eden got at least 3”. I was there this morning

Comment

Gary, we had close to an inch at the 6 mile...

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                      Half way between menard and Eden got at least 3”. I was there this morning
                      We are off Waddell so hopefully we got a good bit

Comment

Glad somebody is getting rain. On more than one occasion today we’ve had rain develop west of us on the radar and then just dissipates & goes off the radar as it approaches the Tyler area. Frustrating. I’ll take all we can get right now

Comment

Working...
                        X