How much to pay for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much to pay for help

YWhat do y'all think is a fair rate to pay for some help at the lease/hunting property? Maybe 2 days worth.

Help will be basic labor stuff, stacking old building mats, piling trash, stacking cut tree lims ect. Nothing a teenager can't to and NO skills needed. I provide all food, drink, beer,bbq and everything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

$12 an hour

Comment

We used to do this in Rocksprings and paid them $10/hr, fed them and provided the beer toward the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trade out a hunt with somebody? Lots of folks looking for a lease. But I'd say 12-15 is fair rate if they work more than they talk/take breaks.

Comment

$100 day

Comment

I usually don't pay less than $12/hr for labor jobs. That's what we always paid unskilled high school kids at the shop.

Comment

Unskilled labor with meals provided, $12 per hour is fair. If they're worth a crap, $15 per hour and I would tell them that up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post
                $100 day
                That is vague as it is 8 hours a day or 12 hours a day or is it cash under the table or thru W2 forms?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Trade out a hunt with somebody? Lots of folks looking for a lease. But I'd say 12-15 is fair rate if they work more than they talk/take breaks.
                  That would be easiest but trying to schedule that is kinda a pain. We try to usually only go out on weekdays. Most ppl can't swing the weekday hunts. Maybe I can pay them and if we can get a hunt or 2 in they can repay me, kinda like a deposit.

Thanks for the ideas on rates so far. Sounds fair enough.

Comment

We traded doe hunts to 2 electricians for 2 days work. Let them shoot all the does they had tags for over a weekend. They did us proud both ways and we fed them ribeyes. Them boys was hongry!

Comment

I'd say $10/hr plus beer and food is more than fair. Hell I've helped many a guys on a lease for just beer & food. I'd be ecstatic to get some cash out of the deal too.

Ran some fence for a bud last year. He brought me a 30 pack, gave me access to his ranch house, and said have at em. Killed a few hogs that night, and I was allowed to kill any deer I wanted. I didn't do that though, as I respect their management efforts too much. I just watched. May take a doe this next year if he needs some more fence help though.

Comment

100 a day is fair. Trading hunts may end up causing an issue.

Comment

LoL
                          So why do ppl fight McDonald's buffet flippers getting paid $100 per day?

It is the same No skill needed brainless work.

Digging ditches & piling trash takes a much brain power as flipping burgers & shaking salt on fries

Comment

That's what good buddies are for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              LoL
                              So why do ppl fight McDonald's buffet flippers getting paid $100 per day?

It is the same No skill needed brainless work.

Digging ditches & piling trash takes a much brain power as flipping burgers & shaking salt on fries

Nice try on a spin. The difference is the government isn't trying to meddle where they don't belong like they would with minimum wage. Price for work should be agreed solely between the individuals with the government staying the hell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X