Paper tuning randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
    keep in mind paper tuning is not tuning, it is but a step,, there are better ways,,,,,,, I have had to "untune" a lot of paper tuned bows to get them to shoot good,,, a local "tech" was good for my business,,,
    Although I don’t paper tune fletched arrows i do paper tune bareshafts out to 20 yards. But paper tuning is a tuning method.

But if you have to take a bow very far out of spec to tune it. You have a spine issue. Or a nock travel issue.

But I agree. I’ve seen bows that where a 13/16 center shot but they paper tuned it and test was at 15/16. That is nothing but the lack of understanding what is going on.

Comment

is the bow in spec? idler lean? clearance issues?

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
        Although I don’t paper tune fletched arrows i do paper tune bareshafts out to 20 yards. But paper tuning is a tuning method.

But if you have to take a bow very far out of spec to tune it. You have a spine issue. Or a nock travel issue.

But I agree. I’ve seen bows that where a 13/16 center shot but they paper tuned it and test was at 15/16. That is nothing but the lack of understanding what is going on.

a local "tech" at gander mountain was doing the "paper tuning" they came to me after the new owners could not get them to group at all

I shot them at at 10 yards none of them would not hold an 8" group,,,, so I "unturned" his work to get them shooting....

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Maybe I should just head to the bow shop because I’ve changed too many variables to have a clue what’s going on.
          Any advice?
          [ATTACH]917695[/ATTACH]
          Are those all from the same distance?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Are those all from the same distance?
            Yes.
            That was 10 yards but with the rest dying it may have been loose and not consistent. I'm not going to draw any conclusions yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              Yes.
              That was 10 yards but with the rest dying it may have been loose and not consistent. I'm not going to draw any conclusions yet.

What died on your rest?

Comment

It wouldn't reset.

Comment

Good luck Gunny.

Comment

Working...
                  X