Block / Bag target stands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block / Bag target stands?

Anybody ever build some portable stands to get your targets off the ground? I'm thinking about building some out of 2'' pvc pipe and fittings. Post up some ideas if you have them. I've seen several on the web, but interested in what y'all have come up with.

Here's a bag simple bag target stand, but the block target would need a base to sit on. I'm thinking a 2 pipe platform to sit the base on and ratchet strap to anchor it down. Something simple thats weatherproof and can be left outside while easily removing your targets out of the weather
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bag target stand.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	25152236

Not PVC, and nobody seemed impressed. Served me well. I drove tent stakes flush with the ground as yardage markers. Roll it out to desired distance and shoot away.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      Not PVC, and nobody seemed impressed. Served me well. I drove tent stakes flush with the ground as yardage markers. Roll it out to desired distance and shoot away.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=target
      That's a great idea I just happen to have quite a bit of surplus 2 inch PVC pipe and fittings that I was going to use

Comment

I made mine out of square tubing and it holds a horse stall mat to stop wild shots haha, then I put my Glendale buck in front of it. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=target
          I commented, must of missed it two years ago i would love to see finished product.

Comment

Not really a build it yourself idea but we used to have one of these little baseball pitching backstops as kids. Once we got into bowhunting we took down the tarp piece and hung our bag target from it.
            Attached Files

Comment

I hung a hurricane bag off of an old sawhorse for several years and that worked really well. I recently got a morrell outdoor range and made a pvc stand for it since it’s so much larger. Mine doesn’t work well at all, keeps coming apart (didn’t glue it because I wanted to be able to knock it down and take it with me). I think the designs like you posted with the 45* bracing would work better and be less prone to have this problem. Hasn’t been a big problem for me as the morrell works fine without a stand.

D

Comment

Imma tackle the stands this weekend.......my bows at Triple Edge getting some new threads....so I'm getting the itch to sling some arras!

64 days and counting till NM archery elk......guess it's time to start practicing.

Comment

Finally had a chance to build a couple. Working great so far.

Name:	20180729_181054.jpg
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	24547405

Name:	20180729_181139.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	24547406

Name:	20180729_181104.jpg
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	24547407

Name:	20180729_181116.jpg
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	24547408

Bases are 24" x 48"....pipe cuts, Sch. 40 pvc

Comment

Decided to buy this...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have not used yet but looks like the designs above.

Comment

Working...
                    X