Timed Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patton View Post
    Subscribed. Really interested in what guys use who have a lot of aoudad. Those thin All Seasons wouldn’t stand a chance unfortunately.
    Buddy of mine used the timed Krivoman, and it was specifically for the Aoudad. He has a video on here somewhere hunting them over it and the ram is head butting it. It held up well.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
      Buddy of mine used the timed Krivoman, and it was specifically for the Aoudad. He has a video on here somewhere hunting them over it and the ram is head butting it. It held up well.
      If it's the video where the ram is headbutting the spout and then he kills it- one of my favorite aoudad videos. I have been assuming they could easily knock off the silver timer box on the down spout.

Comment

What about the stand and fill, timed protein feeder all season has?

Comment

The one I posted above is a stand and fill if your tall enough. The newer all seasons that have the four sides shoots are good but they are really too low and turkeys/coins can clean them out. You can place them on concrete blocks to raise them.

Comment

Originally posted by westexhunter75 View Post
            How often do you have to fill those water totes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2 of them are for the troughs one is the one I haul water in. The two lasts me about 5-6 weeks depending on the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              2 of them are for the troughs one is the one I haul water in. The two lasts me about 5-6 weeks depending on the weather.
              Thanks. We have some to put out. Do you think it makes a difference in activity?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If it's the video where the ram is headbutting the spout and then he kills it- one of my favorite aoudad videos. I have been assuming they could easily knock off the silver timer box on the down spout.
                Thats the one, it survived somehow haha.

The HB trough ones i have seen used in South Tx work really well once the deer get used to it. They never leave enough in the tray for moisture to be an issue and any that does get rained on the coons will usually clean it up free of charge.

Comment

Thanks guys trough is an option but this is the all seasons I’m talking about. During off season I will also have a free choice feeder going in the same spot but this is just so I can keep it going through the season. In the off season this would give me 4k lbs of feed per spot to cut refill trips. My free choice also converts to corn so I could have 1 ton of corn and 1 ton of protein capacity during the season.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1510934863.028978.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	24519220

Comment

^^^can't go wrong with that one^^^

Comment

I have a 1000# crossfire - I also have 6 of the above free choice feeders that are awesome. Never had a problem. I picked up the trough feeder to put in my blackbuck/oryx pasture so that they wouldnt be able to clean it out in a matter of days. It gives them a little twice a day and lasts a good while.

Comment

Enlighten me.....i am ignorant to the terminology.

What are examples of or what is the difference between "free choice" and "through"

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Thanks guys trough is an option but this is the all seasons I’m talking about. During off season I will also have a free choice feeder going in the same spot but this is just so I can keep it going through the season. In the off season this would give me 4k lbs of feed per spot to cut refill trips. My free choice also converts to corn so I could have 1 ton of corn and 1 ton of protein capacity during the season.
                          [ATTACH]883553[/ATTACH]
                          Exact one I am looking at right now. Seems like the perfect option.

Comment

Timed Protein

We ended up deciding to get (2) timed 3000lb feeders. Each feeder has two hoppers hooked up with an eliminator plate to control how much feed is thrown-- 2250lb capacity for protein and 750lb capacity for corn. That's a gray 50gallon drum on the front of the trailer for reference. They are Outback Wildlife Feeders.

Last edited by Patton; 01-22-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

We ended up deciding to get (2) timed 3000lb feeders. Each feeder has two hoppers hooked up with an eliminator plate to control how much feed is thrown-- 2250lb capacity for protein and 750lb capacity for corn. That's a gray 50gallon drum on the front of the trailer for reference. They are Outback Wildlife Feeders.

You spent some $$$ on those Outbacks. Very nice feeders.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X