Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baseball Team Cooperstown Fundraiser/Sponsorship ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball Team Cooperstown Fundraiser/Sponsorship ideas?

Our 12U Team is registered for Cooperstown in 2019. Curious what has been successful for any of you in the past in regards to raising funds for this type of thing?

Thanks for any ideas.

We went when my boy was 10U, everyone had a blast. He is now in college, still playing ball. We did several fund raisers, throughout the years, as we traveled Texas and the Nation. One of the most successful events was a local round robin baseball tournament that we sponsored, we sold bbq sandwiches (we had a big smoker on hand) and other concessions. I think we had a small gate fee and sold custom t-shirts. We were a 501C3. Overall was a success. It took planning ands working with local officials. Lots to consider when setting up an event, but the local sports folks may be able to assist. We also did several team garage sales, splitting proceeds team wide, depending on participation.

Comment

Cant help with an idea, but we are headed there also. What date are you going?

Comment

Golf tournament- horseshoes or washer tournament. Believe it or not something that is cheap and easy way is to sell water at a big event for donations. Put kids out there and let them hand out water and take donations. We would make about $599 in 3 hours with 3-4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
          Cant help with an idea, but we are headed there also. What date are you going?
          July 20th thru the 26th. All Star Village

Comment

We have done a lot over the years for baseball. The Yeti Cooler/Alcohol raffle works well, you can do a couple of those per year and be profitable. In our area, Ragball is a big deal and good for about $1,500-$2K after T shirt costs.

Sometimes a 3 item raffle will work, $500/$300/$100 Gift card raffle but it costs you $800+ up front. Find a guide that will donate a 1/2 trip and put that in there to offset some cost.

I know that Orangefield had a car wash at Game Day this past Saturday, I can see what they netted out of the deal?

My wife has run many a fund raiser as a HS Choir director. Her biggest have been the car wash, then the bed sheets. The sheets caught on and now every cheerleader group is selling them. Regarding the car wash, sell tickets for $10 each, must be redeemed the day of the wash, no rainchecks or reschedules, it is what it is. They take cash the day of the wash and split it among the workers there that day.

I have not seen as much, maybe as I travel less that way but the Hwy 87 / Hwy 62 intersection on a Thursday from 3pm-7pm is unreal. I was 110% against it when it was tabled with our group. I was unavailable at the time so the wife took our son and helped out. Everyone was invited over to our place to let the boys swim and parents count $$. In 4 hours they collected a bit over $4K, needless to say, they went back on Friday afternoon, less traffic at shift change but they picked up another $1,800.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
              Our 12U Team is registered for Cooperstown in 2019. Curious what has been successful for any of you in the past in regards to raising funds for this type of thing?

Thanks for any ideas.
              You could ask a local construction materials supplier, who may be attempting to earn some business, if they would help fund a portion of that.

Just throwing that out there. Lol.

Comment

My neighbor's team sold raffle tickets for a real nice AR and a couple other nice items for their Cooperstown trip. If I remember correctly, it was $150/ticket. Tell the buyers there will only be "X" number of (100-200) tickets sold so they have pretty good odds and make some good money!

Comment

I posted before I was finished, lol.

One other deal, The very best we ever found was simply asking businesses for donations. Some would participate and others were not interested. Mostly smaller construction companies and a couple of larger groups paid for some of the way in our tournament ball years.

Comment

we are doing one now to raise money for the boys to go to Disney ESPN soccer tournament. We are using Flipgive. If you go that route and set it up please use the following as a referral: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...z50cvpNav73AUw

If you use the referral they will give you $20 and my son's team will get $20. Not a lot, but its a start and better than nothing.

Flip give is pretty easy. Just do a lot of online shopping through that site and everything people buy gives a % back to the team.

Comment

Not sure if it could be an option but... The best fundraiser my sons team ever did was a middle school dance. Charge admission, sell donated snacks. Had to get a local school where the boys attended to go along with it and parents/players as volunteer chaparones. Was a lot of leg work but luckily half the parents were teachers so... made a little over $3k for that one fundraiser...

Comment

I've been there, although I lived in NY at the time so we really didn't have to raise much. Our fundraising was standing in front of the Dunkin Donuts asking for donations (small town).

When your there make sure to visit the Ommegang Brewery just up the road from the fields. Good beer and great food. We go there every time we go back to visit family.

Comment

I'd try the typical fundraisers, car wash, bake sale, raffle and bbq plates.

It is alot of work to do the fundraisers but it can really help offset the expense.

Comment

Originally posted by fishinguy View Post
                            I'd try the typical fundraisers, car wash, bake sale, raffle and bbq plates.

It is alot of work to do the fundraisers but it can really help offset the expense.
                            Yea we plan on doing these. And also the football squares is an easy money maker as well. Just was hoping for some out of the box type of ideas.

Comment

A lot of schools that I do business with use this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X