spider bite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spider bite?

I'm on the 4th day without this thing getting any better. I have a Dr's apt. today at 4pm. What do y'all think but me?
    Attached Files

the 1st pic is day 1, the 2nd pic is day 2, last pic is today

Comment

Not sure but I had the same thing and it took about 6 months for it to heal up.

Comment

You should have gone to the Dr. Yesterday.

Comment

Yep. May take awhile to heal up as well.

Comment

One of my friends got bitten by a brown recluse. Started out like that, but he didn't go to the Dr. for a couple weeks. He nearly died, and I'm not exaggerating. It was touch and go and they cut a Grand Canyon of rotten flesh out of his butt. Don't mess around with it and don't let the doctor down play it. If you don't like his diagnosis, get another. Good luck and I hope it's not what it looks like.

Comment

Had the same wound from a spider. Waited longer than I should have but they gave me Penicillin and I was all good. Still have the scar though.

Comment

Almost looks like an infected black head.

My sister got bitten by a brown recluse though and it looked similar so going to the doctor is a smart thing to do.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Not saying its not a Brown Recluse bite but think if it was, the black hole portion would be much bigger than that after 4 days. Some type of bite for sure. Good move going to the Dr.

Comment

I’m glad you’re going to the doctor, because I’m pretty sure it is a spider. Most likely the center will become a crater, and it will take quite a while to heal up.

Comment

The whole “spider bite” thing was before MRSA and staph became a widely known problem. The spider bite “diagnosis” is 99% bs. That looks like a classic staph infection to me. I’m not an MD of course but my wife is an RN so I’m very familiar with how dangerous this stuff can be. That stuff can make you really sick and can be very tough to get rid of even with strong antibiotics. Your smart for seeking medical attention. Im pretty sure they can test it for MRSA before prescribing antibiotics. Good luck

Comment

Looks like staph infection

Comment

Staph usually doesn’t have a black center. Atleast it didn’t with me

Comment

Originally posted by Codyw48 View Post
                            Looks like staph infection
                            This is my first thought as well

Comment

That my friend is a brown recluse.

Comment

Working...
                              X