How do you move away from "home"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you move away from "home"?

I love to travel and do a lot of it. However I've lived in the same area my whole life. I'm well connected here and established. After seeing different parts of the state and country I've realized I live in a very "blaaaaaa" part of Texas. No salt water, no hills/mountains, no clear water, no exotics, no views that make you stop and thank God he has allowed you to experience this spot, no turkey, 1 deer that made the 13" rule since it was instated......how does one just up and move away?

Just do it. Sometimes you gotta just set sail man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pack, leave, move in.

Comment

I’ve done it three times. I always found me a job where I was like ok’ing to go and then moved. One move we owned a house so we sold it after we moved

Comment

Well we up and moved from Houston to Colorado because we wanted to. We were tired of the growth and bustle. Took some though and prep. Gotta be prepared to take some flak from family. We moved away from both sets of grandparents. Which was tough on our part. But we are so happy we did it.

Went back for Christmas this year and it reaffirmed our idea of moving.

I'd suggest you have a job lined up before you jump though

Comment

Find a job first, load up and leave. I left BCS almost 3 year’s ago and I’ve never been happier!

Comment

So there may be a job. IF landed the pay scale is 10-40,000$ higher than my current job. But cost of living is through the roof too.

Comment

Biggest recommendation I can make is take some time go to the area you're looking at moving to and getting a hotel room and job hunting. Have employment lined up BEFORE you commit to a lease and move. Nothing more stressful then moving to an area and having a limited amount of money and getting close to running out before getting employment.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                  So there may be a job. IF landed the pay scale is 10-40,000$ higher than my current job. But cost of living is through the roof too.

It will all pan out as long as you and your wife discuss and agree on things. Support one another and it will go smoothly.

Comment

So where you wanting to move too?

Comment

I spent my first 26 years of my life in Odessa. I still work about 2 hours west of Odessa. When m y daughter was born me and the wife decided we needed to move as its not a good place to raise a child. We have now lived in Georgetown for 2 years and it took a good long while for it to feel like home to me. It took a lot of money and time and planning but we made the right choice. However, being gone for 14 days at a time suks with a family but that's what it takes to make that kind of money I guess. With that said, Odessa will likely always feel like home to me. West Texas is home. It made me who I am and where I built my career. But its not "home" if that makes sense. You just gotta do it. Lots of sacrifices and lots of praying. If its meant to be it will be. The way everything fell into place for us was most certainly Gods doing. From having a house fall in our lap in a market that homes sell in hours to being offered a job that easily accommodated living anywhere in the country. To my wife finding the perfect part time job and a place for my daughter to go and learn and interact with other kids while I am at work. Its been a hell of a ride and a blessing. Good luck man.

Comment

I joined the military.

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
                          It will all pan out as long as you and your wife discuss and agree on things. Support one another and it will go smoothly.
                          I agree on the support. My wife went through a hard time, still does from time to time, with not having her mom nearby

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                            So where you wanting to move too?
                            Florida keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                              I joined the military.
                              My age and beer gut cancel out that option!

Comment

Working...
                              X