Broadhead display rack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead display rack.

I am only two years (off and on) into collecting but have really enjoyed it so far. I have around 100 heads right now with some recent additions and have usually displayed in cheap shadow boxes. I recently decided that i wanted something a little nicer to show off the heads and had a plan in mind that i thought would work after seeing some other collectors photos. I decided that i would make a rack with a capacity of 125. I will probably run out of room pretty quick in this rack, but this my first try and i can always build another. Ive added a few pictures of the rack to see what yall think.

I started with a basic frame to start the build. It will have 5 cross members. each section will hold 25 clips for the heads.

After the frame was built, i began to cut and fit the wood fence planks to make the back and frame.

This is just another shot of the almost finished product. I will stain the innner frame and mount the friction clips later this week.

This is what i have been making to hold the heads on the display.For the screw-on's i cut 3'' pieces of 2314 easton shafts and for the glue-ons i went to Micheals and bought 5/16 wooden dowels and used our shops electric taper tool to taper the ends so they fit the arrows correctly.

So far I'm pretty happy with the the the product. Its a fairly easy design, and that's how i wanted it because if it works out well, ill be needing to make alot more in the future. The whole project took about 2-1/2 hours, which aint to bad. Let me know what yall thing. If yall have suggestions please let me know, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Looks pretty good. Post some pics with the heads displayed.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

That is sweet bud! Need to come check that out

Comment

I like that! I might have to copy your idea if you don't mind...

Comment

That's pretty sweet

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Where do u get some of those vintage broadheads?

Comment

Man that looks great

Comment

Working...
                  X