New prices on chain saws, Stihl saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New prices on chain saws, Stihl saws

I posted a thread earlier about the price on a Stihl saw. Here are some more prices. Tell me which one you would buy, please. I will be cutting mainly mesquite, not a bunch, but it could be used a ton if and when we both retire and move back to Central TX (2 to 3 years) and get some land and build a
    Barndo or a Log Cabin.

MS 170 16" 30.1cc $159.99 Regular $179.99

MS 180 16" $259.99 w/free carrying case

MS 250 Wood Boss 18" 45.6cc $299.99 regular $359.99

Thanks!

I have the 250, and it's a beast for the price. I got it when it was on that same sale. It's still not too heavy, and I've cut down a ton of trees with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get the 250. Well worth the extra $ especially if you ever need to cut some bigger trees.

Comment

They still make the Farm Boss? It’s a bigger saw, but I can’t remember the numbers. The ex wife and I won it in a raffle and it was a beast.
        We got divorced and I guess I lost it in the settlement because I didn’t end up with it. That size could handle anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 260 Pro & it's a monster...a little more but I mostly use it on hard dried up mesquite for firewood.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

You got me wanting a saw!!!

Comment

I don’t know anything about the difference in these, but I would spend the extra money if the 250 is evenly remotely better. Buy high quality and you only cry once

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                They still make the Farm Boss? It’s a bigger saw, but I can’t remember the numbers. The ex wife and I won it in a raffle and it was a beast.
                We got divorced and I guess I lost it in the settlement because I didn’t end up with it. That size could handle anything

I have the Farm Boss with a 20 inch bar, and it works great. I used it Saturday.
                My advice would be to go with the bigger saw.

Comment

Bad advice given. Buy one of each. Then you are covered from big trees to small trees.

Comment

All good choices. The smaller saw is great if you do a lot of overhead trimming or anything above waste high. Will be just fine on all but the most ancient mesquites and easy on the back. It will handle bigger trees as well just takes a litter longer. Perfect for the lease. The bigger saws make short work of massive trees. I have one of each and only fire up the beast on occasion. For the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                      I have the Farm Boss with a 20 inch bar, and it works great. I used it Saturday.

My advice would be to go with the bigger saw.

That’s it [emoji1303]

Comment

I have the 170 and its a nice inexpensive saw. I wanted 14" for lighter weight carrying way back in my friends farm in Ohio but got a good deal on the 170. I had a Craftsman 18" I left at his farm because I like the Stihl 170 16" a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntvideo View Post
                          All good choices. The smaller saw is great if you do a lot of overhead trimming or anything above waste high. Will be just fine on all but the most ancient mesquites and easy on the back. It will handle bigger trees as well just takes a litter longer. Perfect for the lease. The bigger saws make short work of massive trees. I have one of each and only fire up the beast on occasion. For the big ones.

For retirement age - this.
                          My big ole stihl wears me out.

BP

Comment

get the 170 It won't work you so hard. You can buy bigger one later if needed. They run specials around June

Comment

Working...
                            X