Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I need a little help, gentlemen.

We are not playing fall ball in order to get some deer lease time in, play a little basketball, and do other things. I am looking for someone for Brady to meet with each week or every other week to help keep him somewhat sharp, and to progress.

We've talked to a few guys at a few facilities, but I really don't know how to go about picking one aside from just trying a few lessons with each.

Do any of you know, or recommend a guy near Roanoke, Keller, Hazlet, or Argyle? Or are there any you would recommend that I stay away from?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good instructors at dbat Denton. Call and ask to speak to Scott Harp. Tell him Adam referred you. All his guys teach the game the right way and are all ex college guys.

Comment

I will tell you what you don't want to hear and probably won't believe. It doesn't matter one bit. Take the whole fall off, it simply doesn't matter. Don't throw, don't hit, just enjoy basketball and hunting and whatever else you want to do.

After Christmas start throwing a couple of days a week to get his arm conditioned and start swinging the bat. Ramp up as the season gets ready to start and then go play ball. There is absolutely nothing you can do at his age to make him better later except teaching him to love the game. There is nothing better to teach him to love it at this age than to step away from it and have him chomping at the bit to get back after it when it's time.

Let him be a kid, have some family time and don't sweat it. He will have plenty of time later to work in baseball year around and no one will ever know he took a couple of fall seasons off when he was 7 or 8.
      Last edited by TXJIM; 09-19-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

We went 2 and 2 in our first 12U tournament as a new team. It was Chase’s first select experience (been playing Pearland LL). It was a fun weekend. We are doing tournaments every other weekend into November at Baseball USA and Big League Dreams.

Comment

We are doing a 12u tournament this weekend in McKinney, and I have been told we are not doing the Tara Sawyer ... I actually hope we dont do anymore big tournaments after this last one, and the couple we have been in before.

4-5 games in a day and playing up until and after midnight have become the norm, and I feel horrible putting the kiddo through that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            We went 2 and 2 in our first 12U tournament as a new team. It was Chase’s first select experience (been playing Pearland LL). It was a fun weekend. We are doing tournaments every other weekend into November at Baseball USA and Big League Dreams.
            Very nice! Did yall enjoy it? Pretty different animal from what we were used to.

What team? and good luck to yall

Comment

Rain has killed our games last two weeks...gonna have a pile of makeup games to play if we dont catch a break on Sundays..
              One of the old school drawbacks of playing on dirt and grass...

Comment

Kid is suppose to throw 2 innings at Texas State tomorrow. We will see how the weather holds. Ben a rough Fall weather wise but I cant say it hasn't been needed.

Comment

Well my son’s team went 1-1 in pool play yesterday. Should have won both games but it is what it is. Got to be at the field at 9 this morning. My son hit another double yesterday and pitched pretty good

Comment

Been a long day at ballpark today. Son’s team is about to play in Championship game

Comment

Go get em!

Boys went 2-0 and starting to gel.. tanner caught a great game and picked off a few runners and had a great out at home against a kid that was literally twice tans size..stopped him cold 2 foot in front of the plate. I was on the phone with 9-11 reporting a potential assault whie watching the kid barreling down on him when tan laid the glove down on him.
                      Good times.

Comment

Well they went and won this won. 2nd tournament and 2nd ring this season

Comment

good stuff fellas

we both got rained out saturday so they did a single elim bracket yesterday, the 11s went 1-1, still waiting on the bats to catch up, although brock has hiit well and played a great game at catcher in game #2. it was his first time to catch since about march and i was very impressed with how his blocking has improved.

the 8s were the #1 seed and ended up playing back to back to back and lost the championship 12-10. we had runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs in the bottom oft he 6th and the 1-2-3 hitters coming up and all three popped out to the infield, they just ran out of gas.
                          Last edited by jshouse; 10-01-2018, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Couple pics from the weekend...

I happened to snap Logan at the perfect time after our RF made a great running catch.

Brock waiting out another rain delay on Saturday.

Brock and an old teammate "Juice" catching up between games.

And even after 12 hours at the field yesterday, I walk in to find Brock asleep with a baseball laying next to him...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Enjoy it while it last...carried mine all over the country playing and man it flys by. He is one of the few lucky ones to get to play college (there aren't many) ball and if he can stay healthy should get drafted. It's a long hard road with a ton of ups and down. And remember even on premier travel team only a handful of kids get to play at the next level. You will see the kids start slowing falling off until one day you realize there are only a couple kids that were there from the start. Enjoy it and don't take it to serious. Good luck and stay healthy boys!

Comment

We were 2-0 on Saturday and #1 seed, and lost our first game Sunday. Ugh! All good though, some high quality baseball was played.

Comment

Working...
                                X