No announcement yet.

Who else is staying home today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious if any of y'all are business owners and what your take on this is.
    We're pretty lax about rules and policies, but the problem I'm facing is that the folks who come in get ****** that others who didn't get an extra paid day off and it becomes a race to the bottom. They don't connect lost productivity with their Christmas bonuses no matter how many times I repeat it.
    The trade off is each lost day of productivity costs us about $25,000.

Comment

No work for me today relaxing and making homemade venison pot pie

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        We're pretty lax about rules and policies, but the problem I'm facing is that the folks who come in get ****** that others who didn't get an extra paid day off and it becomes a race to the bottom. They don't connect lost productivity with their Christmas bonuses no matter how many times I repeat it.
        I always followed what the school district did where they lived or location of my business. They had to use a vacation or personal day too. Anything else and your "laxness" will be abused.

Comment

Told our employees to stay home. Don't need some dieing, or getting hurt trying to make it in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            I am fortunate to be off today and for the next few days too. The company I work for is all about the $$$ and it cost them multi millions of $$$ a day if we are not operating. They could careless about the weather, you had be show up for work. I feel for the folks that are having to go to work in this type of weather.

Comment

Road conditions shouldn't be any better in the morning right? I don't think it's supposed to get warm enough to melt ice until around 1pm here I believe. My kids school and my wife's school/job is closed tomorrow again.

Comment

I had my folks on stand-by last night so we could make the call early this morning... I called it this morning when I got up at 6:00AM and it was 31 degrees and sleeting at my house... told everyone to stay home. My sales guys pretty much can take care of customers via phone/laptop anyway... so we were still somewhat productive.

Comment

Danged cold but no ice in Groesbeck. Spent all a day outside in frigid conditions feeding cattle and horses. At least we aren’t in the Groesbeck city limits. They lost electricity for 4 hrs today and natural gas at noon. 700+ customers that have to wait for a gas employee to light their pilot light personally. Man, what a nightmare!!!!

Comment

2 hour delay tomorrow on starting. Colder but dryer

Comment

Teacher here and we’re cancelled today and tomorrow. Has turned into a 5 day weekend for me and will only be a two day work week if we go back Thursday. Woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by K-Train View Post
                        Teacher here and we’re cancelled today and tomorrow. Has turned into a 5 day weekend for me and will only be a two day work week if we go back Thursday. Woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yeah, my kids school is also cancelled tomorrow! He's pumped....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Made it in to work at 4:45 this morning and worked in the weather all day. Relief couldn't make it in, so looks like a 36 hour shift. At least when Harvey hit we shut everything down. Business as usual.

Comment

I stayed home and haven’t been outside all day. Cabin fever set in many hours ago and I am trying to drink myself to sleep. I can’t wait to go to work tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                              I feel for the folks that are having to go to work in this type of weather.
                              I drove to and from work yesterday and all roads were clear and dry... including overpasses and bridges. I don't feel sorry for myself.

Comment

we worked yesterday. I texted boss and asked if we were open. he said yes if I can make it, just be careful. I said I will probably stay home. he texted back to maybe come in a little late if roads were not bad. I said ok. then before I left to go in, I texted and asked if it would be ok if I stayed home. his reply was "stay home" followed by " take the rest of the week off too"

should've took him up on it.

I'm in tractor sales, so yea we were crazy busy yesterday.......trying to stay awake

Comment

Working...
                                X