No announcement yet.

Old hunting photo and story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that was Keith Carrolway, think was his name, yes would eat at Coopers some, cold storage was at camp.

God Bless

Comment

Very cool..you rember what it cost to hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
        Yes, this was the Homer Martin Ranch, started hunting there every year after that for 18yrs hunted this place then he went corporate, broke my heart, I had a place up on side of big hill that I put a popup at for 8yrs in a roll and always got a buck and does, miss those days.

God Bless
        Bish
        Nice setup

Comment

Memories...Never lose them. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Small world, I worked at Cooper's a few deer seasons during the 90s, mostly processed deer but also help with BBQ. It was before I decided what I wanted to be when I grew up (30 something then), a job I enjoyed and great small town.
            Moved away and did the college thing, finally 2 years ago moved back to the area where family is Austin/ San Antonio.

Comment

Looks like great times always nice to remember the good ol days !!

Comment

Now that is a cool photo!

Comment

Good times!

Comment

You had hair !!!!! [emoji3]. Cool pic !

Comment

That's awesome Bish.

Comment

Awesome story!

I can imagine the excitement and anxiety of being the next hunter up

Comment

Bish--

I've got a couple of pictures under those same trees. Hunted there probably 12 yrs. and would usually take the family and friends back at spring break to fish, hike, shed hunt, pig hunt and do some canoeing. Still love that place.

Comment

Would make an even better story if the last hunter didnt see any more bucks Lol

Comment

cool pic

Comment

That is a cool pic, thanks for sharing. I noticed the deer must have been all gutted obviously but other than that all appeared to still need skinning. This story goes over a 3 day span. Was it just that cold? There have always been debates on when to skin an animal or how long to 'dry' age meat etc. just curious as knowledge is power. thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X