Old Age & Lower back pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Age & Lower back pain

Been dealing with it for a few months now.
    Yesterday I did something at work. No idea what [emoji20] Got home last night and could hardly get out of the Explorer[emoji15][emoji15]man it HURT.

Got inside and undressed, sat down to eat and couldn't get comfy.
    Laid recliner all the way back and it was tolerable. It wasn't doing too bad, sat up to stand up and pain hits. Couldn't hardly get stood up.
    Showered and went to bed. Sat down to lay down and searing pain, tossed and turned for a bit before falling asleep.
    Woke up at 5am, sat up to minimal pain. I was like [emoji1303]. Stood up and immediately sat back down the pain was intense and immediate. Sat for a few seconds but the pain continued to intensify. I stood up with a grimace.
    Hobbled into living room, made a bowl of cereal, had to stand to eat cause I couldn't sit down.
    Wife had to help me put my left sock on. Got back on. Explorer to head to work and almost passed out from the pain.
    Got to work, 43 mile trip, and couldn't get out of the car fast enough, pain was on verge of unbearable. Got in shop and laid down on a creeper for @ 20 minutes. Back felt better so I tried to jump up but couldn't took a minute or so to get up. Started walking around and the pain was tolerable. Boss needed a trailer brought on the shop, I was like [emoji58] yes sir! I tried to get in the yard jockey. WOW! Pain came back, got trailer swapped out and another put away. Got out of truck and leaned against it for a few minutes to let the pain subside. I shuffled inside, helped a mechanic work on his trailer. Boss " suggests" I go move trailers. I reply don't have any high priority trailers to move. He says ok but you still have trailers to move right? I got my in the truck, still got bad pain. I manage to get 7 trailers moved, 3 of them twice. Before the pain of sitting becomes too much. At 9 or 930 maybe it was 8 or 830, I tell Mgr and Owner I'm calling it a day.
    Get back in truck and the pains not to bad. By the time I get home it's bad bad. Get inside house get Jammie's back on, take 800mg Ibuprofen and lay down on my couch. My dog knows I'm hurting, he wants up on couch with me. I'm like Dude NO! He don't listen. So I got to roll over grab him and roll back over to get him up. He's 3 legged.

We lay like this for a few hours, minimal pain, about lunch I get up to get something to eat. As soon as I started to sit up the pain comes back.
    Haven't been comfortable since.
    I just twirled in a hot shower, didn't seem to help.

Wife works for the school. She talked to the trainer, they said it sounds like my sciatic(a?).
    So I'm down for ?

I'm Dr resistant [emoji20]

Good friends of mine have been having back issues for a while now. I've always tried to be sensitive to that. Guess it's my turn [emoji17].
    Sucks getting old! BTW I'm 45.5

I'm eternally thankful to Jesus the Christ I'm able to experience it!

Had similar problems years ago, finally got so bad I couldn't hardly walk.
    MRI showed I had 2 ruptured disk pinching my spinal cord in two areas.
    After surgery I haven't had a any problems.
    GO SEE A DOCTOR or you may end up in a wheel chair!

Comment

You're carrying too much FOC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd go to the chiropractor.

I had the same issue twice in my twenties. First time, chiro fixed it immediately. I walked in there hunched over and unable to stand up and walked out pain free. Next time I really jacked it up doing something stupid.

I go about once a month now and I haven't had anything more than stiffness for a long time.

The chiropractor will discuss potential causes that can help to keep this from coming back. My big one was my mattress. I bought a new one and was much better immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post

That is funny.

Comment

after you get healed, its time for max core exercises, only way its going to fix it long term is that way

ive had back issues since I was a kid due to I started playing golf at the age of 2 and carried a golf bag on my back every summer for 18 years and playing golf is horrible for your back also, so by the time I got into my mid twenties I could barely walk at times because the pain was so bad

eventually I went to the doctor and he basically just said do core exercises, helps with flexibility and pain threshold
            Last edited by ghostgoblin22; 01-24-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Dont wait get in to doc. I waited and walked it off to many times, had nerves burnt in my lower back twice and pain med shots around every two years it sucks dont wait

Comment

You should go see a Doc. I know, you done said so. But you should. And remeber, pain is the Lord's way of letting you know, your still alive.

I deal with back pain daily. Ankylosing spondylitis.

Comment

I would go with a good chiro first. I've been using them for fifty years for various things. A good one can help you. Surgery would be a last resort for me.

Comment

go to the doc and get some imaging done. You need to know what is causing it before a treatment can be developed. Are you having any pain radiating down either leg or is it isolated in your back? Is it in the center of your back or on the side?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post

[emoji7]
                      I am

Poor horsey

Comment

You have our sympathy, there is no pain like back pain. No one knows until they experience it first hand. Like kidney stones, Until you really have it, you don't have that much sympathy. Rotator Cuff surgery is a cakewalk to severe back pain. A good Chiropractor can seriously assist and help with the pain. I walk around every day with two bulged disc. Exercise and stretching is real important. Sorry for your pain. Get help before you damage something long term.

Comment

Go to Walmart and get some cream called Theragesic and put it on your back and rub it in don't just out it on there. It will help a lot and at least get you going. I deal with this from time to time and it is a great product.
                          Don't delay and get started tonight..trust me it really helps.

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
                            go to the doc and get some imaging done. You need to know what is causing it before a treatment can be developed. Are you having any pain radiating down either leg or is it isolated in your back? Is it in the center of your back or on the side?

I'm not sure if it's radiating down my leg but my left hip hurts, feels like the bone, on my left side. My legs also stiff

Comment

Been there and done that. My pain wore on for so long that I thought I was going to put a round in my head. Finally ended up going to a chiropractor and had an MRI. Found two bulging discs. He put me on a machine that gently pulls and then releases the back. Sort of like a dark ages rack. Well that was 6 years ago. And I've had no issues since. Don't know what is out near Van. Might look in Tyler. The place I went to was in Grapevine. Genesis Neck and Back. So I was able to avoid surgery and steroids. Since then I've recommended it to a few friends and everyone of them has been cleared of their pain. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X