Grilled backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled backstrap

Man! Y'all have done great on my grilled peppers post and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for grilling backstrap whole? I was thinking of doing a marinade injection and wrapping it in bacon. Any suggestions would be great(what marinade,any tips) Thanks!

I have never done a whole backstrap but if you take some moore's or dales, some onion powder, gralic powder, and some whorescheir(sp) sauce. marinade in that with the bacon wrapped around it. If you smoke it marinade over night. If you grill marinade for about an hour. While cooking you can inject it with the left over marinade.

Comment

I put on some dry rub, spray a little hi temp Pam, and grill. Direct heat, medium hot fire, take it off when the internal temp hits 120-125 and let it rest 5-10 minutes. Nothing wrong with bacon, but you don't need it.

Did one last night in the oven, rub, wrapped in bacon, cooked on a rack at 425 about 20 minutes. Finishing off the leftovers right now.

Comment

cut it into three sections. marinate with worchestershire (spelling) salt pepper tony's and cayenne. stuff with onions jalapenos and cheese of your choice, wrap with bacon and grill it up!

Comment

My favorite is to cover it in a dry rub (we all have our favorites) plus a little oregeno AFTER you marinate in a worchestershire+soy sauce+black and red pepper+orange juice+1TBS of molasses over night. Then cut up an apple and lay the slices across while you smoke it/grill it. Take it off, rest for 10 min and enjoy!

Comment

Does only having propane to cook on make a differance?

Comment

Marinate in garlic and herb marinade for two days. Then cut backstap almost in half so you can stuff with onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and season to taste. Wrap with bacon and grill.

Comment

Whatever you do dont cook it past medium unless you want to eat shoe leather.

Comment

Use a dry rub that you like and soak in Italian dressing. Wrap with peppers, onions and bacon. Last but not least give momma a heads up because you are going to want to punch her in the mouth when you are done.

Comment

Cut into three chunks - put in ziplock bag with Stubs Rub, garlic, and a can of pineapple chunks and let soak overnight - drain off juices - cook over coals to medium rare -
                    do not over cook - good stuff!

Comment

well, if you want to actually taste the best cut of venison, cut the thick end into 2" steaks and soak them in milk overnight. then, wrap them in bacon filet mignon style and roll them in freshly ground pepper. fill your chimney starter w/ charcoal but only dump out half the coals when they are ready. put a grill over the top of the chimney starter and cook on each side for 2 minutes to put a good sear on them, then transfer them over to the "regular" coals for another 2 minutes per side. serve with asparagus and a good cab sav or old vine zinfandel.

Comment

Working...
                      X