X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbreakable Faith

Unbreakable Faith
    Xochitl Dixon
    You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

After doctors diagnosed their first-born son with autism, Diane Dokko Kim and her husband grieved facing a lifetime of caring for a cognitively disabled child. In her book Unbroken Faith, she admits to struggling with adjusting their dreams and expectations for their beloved son’s future. Yet through this painful process, they learned that God can handle their anger, doubts, and fears. Now, with their son reaching adulthood, Diane uses her experiences to encourage parents of children with special needs. She tells others about God’s unbreakable promises, limitless power, and loving faithfulness. She assures people that He gives us permission to grieve when we experience the death of a dream, an expectation, a way or a season of life.
    In Isaiah 26, the prophet declares that God’s people can trust in the Lord forever, “for the Lord . . . is the Rock eternal” (v. 4). He’s able to sustain us with supernatural peace in every situation (v. 12). Focusing on His unchanging character and crying out to Him during troublesome times revitalizes our hope (v. 15).
    When we face any loss, disappointment, or difficult circumstance, God invites us to be honest with Him. He can handle our ever-changing emotions and our questions. He remains with us and refreshes our spirits with enduring hope. Even when we feel like our lives are falling apart, God can make our faith unbreakable.
    Have you ever struggled with being honest with God when life feels overwhelming? How has God helped you deal with the death of a dream or expectation?
    Loving God, please help me believe You can always be trusted with my honest emotions.
    Dr. Stanley

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trusting God means receiving peace! Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
        Unbreakable Faith
        Xochitl Dixon
        You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

.... Even when we feel like our lives are falling apart, God can make our faith unbreakable.
        Loving God, please help me believe You can always be trusted with my honest emotions.
        Dr. Stanley
        Amen!

Comment

Great reminder, Amen and thanks for sharing....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
            Great reminder, Amen and thanks for sharing....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
            Exactly what I was thinking. Can recall situations like this. God is great!
            Thanks Brother Bill! AMEN!

Comment

Thanks Bill!

Comment

Thanks for sharing Bill

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Amen! Needed this one today big time. Thanks Bill

Comment

Amen!

Comment