Skunk attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk attack

Well it finally happened to us. Actually surprised it took this long.

No better way to spend a Saturday night than trying to get that horrid stench off of everyone in the house.

Been there. I don't know of any way to get skunk smell off except wear it off. Throw your clothes in the garbage after you get sprayed. That stuff is really oily and it stays on clothes for a long time.

Comment

Dang! How'd it happen?

Comment

Time to get the tomato sauce out! LOL

Comment

Well that stinks

Comment

Mix dawn dish soap, baking soda, and peroxide. Works like a champ on the pole car stink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot every one I see now, I used to give them a pass but I got tired of them aggressively chasing me on my way in and out of the stands. I would try to give them a wide berth, you go your way and I’ll go mine, but that didn’t seem to work for them. Not to mention my dog seems to find one about 3-4 tines a year and that’s a pita too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                Mix dawn dish soap, baking soda, and peroxide. Works like a champ on the pole car stink.

This. Works on your dog, clothes and your body. It is a little harsh on the skin, but works well.

Comment

Never liked their attitude! No passes on our places.
                  I have a large hairy dog that has never seen one yet. And he loves to chase cats.
                  Can’t end well. :/

Comment

My sister has a patient that was attacked by a skunk. Bit him in the hand, never sprayed. It had rabies and he got a staff infection on top of that. Dudes in some serious pain. Had to get rid of one that had been living under my deck, he got to bold and started coming out in the day light, looking in the front door. Going through the trash and sprayed our dog. Thing was huge, had to weigh 8-10 pounds. Took awhile to get the stink out of the house and our cars ( done it in the driveway).
                    Last edited by critter69; 08-19-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cawnlu View Post
                      Dang! How'd it happen?
                      <<<<———— she started it all. Lol.

She found it. The boxer jumped in to help out and you can guess how it goes from there.

Comment

Been there. Blue Heeler cornered one on the front porch one night with all the windows open.

Comment

Tractor supply sells some stuff called "Nature's Miracle". There is a soap and a liquid odor remover. I keep some on hand always, my dog is not a skunk fan! Works really well...

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post

This is the only thing that even begins to help---on dogs at least. There is still some minor residual smell when the dog gets hot or wet, but it is tolerable.

Me--I've used skunk scent as a cover for so many years that it doesn't bother me at all--but then I've not been sprayed.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              This is the only thing that even begins to help---on dogs at least. There is still some minor residual smell when the dog gets hot or wet, but it is tolerable.

Me--I've used skunk scent as a cover for so many years that it doesn't bother me at all--but then I've not been sprayed.
                              It’s a whole different smell man. When we were little, every time we would pass a roadkill skunk, no matter how rancid it was, my dad would tell us to take a huge breaths in because the smell is supposed to make your lungs stronger. Of course, I did (because my dad couldn’t be lying to me, could he??) and I grew to like the smell actually lol. But last night, that fresh spray was as putrid as could be and literally burned your nose.

Comment

Working...
                              X