X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Makita dual battery saw is the best one on the market right now IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
      Southern tractor in willis and porter has stihl ms 170 on sale for $159 right now. 16"bar weighs 8lbs. Bad *** little saw
      The best way to go.

Comment

I have an echo with a 58 volt battery that’s a bad MF!

Comment

I used a Greenworks chainsaw last winter on some dead cedars, as large as 18", and I ws amazed at the power and battery life. I do not remember what voltage, but it was a hoss!

Gearing up for a project that needs a chainsaw? Avoid the fumes and noise of gas power with help from Greenworks' powerful, lightweight, electric chainsaws.

Comment

DeWalt 60v

Comment

Ryobi 40V. Not for commercial use but small stuff around the house and it works great. I also have the 14" ryobi too this is the 10" pole saw.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been into for the last year or so with the new Fuel Milwaukee cordless tools.
                Have the hammer drills, screw guns, impact gun, band saw, ratchets and a 120mph leaf blower. All on the 18V Milwaukee fuel system batteries. I am seriously considering the 18V chainsaw they make. All these tools take the same batteries. The batteries last very long. If you know Milwaukee tools. They last and perform. The new batteries are amazing.
                Take a look at the Milwaukee saw. It is on my list.

No wonder I cannot find it to buy it. Its not out yet
                Last edited by Tony Pic; 06-19-2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

When your battery dies, you’ll be wishing you’d have just bought this little dude. My dad picked this one up for this exact purpose. It’s nice to hack stuff down with one hand and zero effort. 5.7 pounds. You’ll be hard pressed to find a battery powered one with the same capabilities with less weight.

Comment

All I know is after several months of using the Ego mower, trimmer and blower I am definitely going to buy their chain saw the next time I have a need for one. I have an extra 5ah battery sitting idle waiting for one anyway.

Mowed tall, wet grass on Friday that would have choked out my old gas mowers and the Ego just revved up the RPMs to power right through it.

Comment

Thanks guys, for all the responses. I have settled on the Greenworks and have it on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                        My dad bought me a Ryobi 'chainsaw on a stick' for Christmas. (I have had Ryobi products before and consider them disposable.)
                        Despite my inclination to not want to like it, I've really loved it. First, it holds a charge pretty well (I did buy an extra battery in case I need to trim much). Second, it is nice to grab it for a quick trim of a branch or two - it always seems like such a production to get my regular chain saw up and running (gas, oil, tighten chain, etc. ...).
                        If I were going to do much heavy duty trimming, I'd want a gas 'chainsaw on a stick'. But this has been great for what I use it for and I think it wasn't very expensive.
                        I added this and the hedge trimmer to my Ryobi One+ set of tools. I use both for clearing the roads this time of year and around the house. Great system with lots of additional tools to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                          Hard to beat this price if you already have 20 Volt Dewalt tools. My dad has one of these and it perfect for what you are wanting to do. Small and lightweight.

https://www.toolnut.com/dewalt-dccs6...RoCm1AQAvD_BwE
                          I had no idea dewalt made that

Comment

That Worx jaw saw is bad arse. I let my 9 year old daughter use it on limds after I put them on the ground. Its as handy as a shirt pocket.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Thanks guys, for all the responses. I have settled on the Greenworks and have it on the way.
                              Greenworks makes some very good battery operated eqpt..
                              I am about to invest in their lawn eqpt. for my new home.
                              Everything will be battery powered,

Comment

If you're not stuck on the battery power, I second the MS 170 from stihl. On the higher end, they have the in-tree saws. Either way, small enough to use with one hand. I use these exclusively unless cutting over 12", then break out the big boys. Run down to your local Stihl dealer and I think you'll like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X