Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Been turning some wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been turning some wood

I’ve dusted off the old wood lathe, and for the last week or so, I’ve turned a few topwater lures. Here’s a pic of the first one I finished. Just needs paint. I also found a piece of rough cut cedar and turned a candle holder.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by highspeed; 05-28-2018, 08:22 PM.

Pretty cool

Comment

Sweet
      Nice work

Comment

You’re talented! I like the lure a lot

Comment

Good looking work. Can you post up some other lures you've created (finished product)?

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Very cool, I would love to have a lathe to mess around with, seems like a lot of fun.

Comment

Thanks fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                  Good looking work. Can you post up some other lures you've created (finished product)?
                  I will get some pics later tonight if the ones I turned. I only have 1 that’s painted
                  Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                  Very cool, I would love to have a lathe to mess around with, seems like a lot of fun.
                  It is a lot of fun and the learning curve is small. The lathe I use is from the 50’s and still does good. Needs a new motor, but it still runs good after I pull start it. I’ve been looking at getting a mid sized Rikon or Jet to replace this one. This is my first attempt at a candle holder. I’ve been turning lures for a little over a month. Been a lot of trial and error.

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Here are the ones I’ve turned so far. The 3 that are fatter at the head and skinnier at the tail are poppers for bass. I have marked the area that I’m going to hollow out but I haven’t got around to doing it yet.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to mention that the lures are made of plain old run of the mill closet rod

Comment

Before the two floods altered my life severely I was making duck calls. I had always wanted to turn my own topwaters. I used to use a chrome chug bug with a pink back and yellow belly. They only sell it in the mini chug now. I caught a lot of monster trout on that bait back in the day.

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Very nice!
                              Always wanted to try my hand at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X