Frio river stomach bug??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frio river stomach bug??

Just curious if anyone has been on the frio lately and came home sick???
    My group of roughly 13 went and everyone came home very sick (stomach bug) another group we know was driving In when we were leaving and they left yesterday very sick 16 people.....
    Anyone else having issues?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s called Too-much-beer-a-citis.

Comment

I’d agree but about 12 kids under the age of 9 were all sick as well.

Comment

Do a search on here as to frio River... Someone posted about three girls getting sick shortly after being out on the frio...

Forget the search, link attached below

Last edited by Pedernal; 07-28-2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Do a search on here as to frio River... Someone posted about three girls getting sick shortly after being out on the frio...

Forget the search, link attached below

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=Frio

Thanks!!

Comment

Actually, I have some friends that were on the Frio last weekend I believe and I know for sure one of them went to the ER sick as can be. Fever, throwing up, chills. Said she came back from the Frio with an ear infection on the 24th and then in the ER for the above symptoms on the 25th. Might be related. I hear the river is moving SLOW, so stagnant water may mean high bacteria concentrations.

Comment

Just got back. 13 of the 26 in our group go the stomach bug. Didn’t put two and two together until I read this post. Most all the kids got it. They all had their head under the water…

Comment

Got a staph infection about a couple days after floating there about 2 years ago. Haven't been back since. Comal!!

Comment

To much urine in the water

Comment

My kid is there now with 6 of his cousins and 6 friends ages 6 to 17.

The last update he sent was something like....I caught 10 bass and 6 perch on a fly rod. Danced with 4 girls, one was 18 and drunk, got ones phone number and another's snap.

We leave to meet them Wednesday

Comment

Just got back yesterday, 6 of us and no one is sick.

Comment

Oh boy... my son just got home from there yesterday. Hope he doesnt come down with anything. Prayers up for quick healing to all in your group.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

The last update he sent was something like....I caught 10 bass and 6 perch on a fly rod. Danced with 4 girls, one was 18 and drunk, got ones phone number and another's snap.

Ain't no cure for that..... And the symptoms.... Only increase, with
                          experience and exposure.....

Comment

We were there for 5 days 2 weeks ago, and I started running to the bathroom at the end of day 2. Lasted the entire trip and took almost a week to get back to somewhat normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Post of the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X