Three Damascus knives (pic heavy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Damascus knives (pic heavy!)

Here are three Damascus knives I finished recently.

This first one is already sold. It's got an Elk antler handle. The guy who bought it liked the sheath and wanted me to make a belt with the same design. I told him I had never made a belt before but I'd give it as shot.

This next one is also sold already. This one has a buffalo horn handle with mammoth tooth bolsters and red G10 liners. I really like this one. It didn't last long after I posted a picture of it on facebook. I thought about keeping this one, but it went to a good friend, so I'm happy.

The reason I took so many pictures is because it's hard to get the lighting just right.

This next picture shows my logo, which is hard to see if you're not looking for it. I need to figure out how to get it to show up better on etched Damascus.

This was my first time carving an oak leaf in a sheath. That was fun. I used a real oak leaf to do it, too. I went outside to find one small enough to fit on the sheath. Then I put it under a piece of paper and coloured over it with a crayon so the shape came through, then used that as a pattern.

This next knife is listed in the classifieds. I just finished it today. It's a sharpfinger with Turkish walnut scales. Turkish walnut is kind of expensive, but my brother got me some because he's such a generous soul. I really dig it!

Isn't that pretty??? I have some more, too!

The sheath has a rattle snake skin inlay.

Thanks for looking!

All three knives are awesome looking. I am really liking the sharpfinger. I may be contacting you in a few months once I get past the wife's and both kids birthdays by Easter.

Comment

Beautiful work!

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Looking good. On the second knife 6th pic, it looks like the Damascus has a delamanation on the blade?

Comment

Great looking knives

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
              Looking good. On the second knife 6th pic, it looks like the Damascus has a delamanation on the blade?
              Before I etched it, there was a black mark there. I took it to be an inclusion.

Comment

Really good work. Turkish walnut really stands out.

Comment

Is.the 3rd knife still available?

Comment

No, these are all long gone.

Comment

Sam, about a year ago you made a couple knives like the third one for a buddy of mine. He gave me one as a gift. Only difference being they were out of ferrier rasp files. One of the nicest knives I own. Wanted to get in touch with you and now seemed like an opportune time. Wanted to let you know I 've got some old ferrier rasp files you might be interested in that I would let you have for free if you wanted them.

Shoot me a pm with your number and I'll send pics of them.

Comment

great work!!

Comment

Originally posted by CityLimitSlayr View Post
                          Sam, about a year ago you made a couple knives like the third one for a buddy of mine. He gave me one as a gift. Only difference being they were out of ferrier rasp files. One of the nicest knives I own. Wanted to get in touch with you and now seemed like an opportune time. Wanted to let you know I 've got some old ferrier rasp files you might be interested in that I would let you have for free if you wanted them.

Shoot me a pm with your number and I'll send pics of them.
                          That is really nice of you. I'll send you a PM.

Comment

All great work Sammy Boy; Good job!

Comment

Nice work as always Sam! Have a feeling me and my two idiot friends will be contacting you soon about some more knives.

Comment

Working...
                              X