No announcement yet.

Payment Method for Hunting Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proceed with caution. Maybe see if your banker can provide some information on the routing number. Also was.it just a routing number or did it have an account number also ?

Comment

Keep us informed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
        Proceed with caution. Maybe see if your banker can provide some information on the routing number. Also was.it just a routing number or did it have an account number also ?

Sound like it was a bank wire number to me.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Deerslayersh View Post
          That website was the only thing I was able to find on them, too. That being said; he sounded knowledgeable about the land, had maps and drawings, and otherwise seemed normal/trustworthy. The payment method thing just threw me off.

Based on y'alls comments, the routing number deal sounds abnormal, so I'm going to take xman59's approach and be direct and tell him I'm not willing to wire money to a routing number but will consider other options.

Thanks for the input guys.

Have you looked at the lease yet, if not, there is no way I would pay with any method without looking first. The wire transfer part really wouldn't be a big deal for me but that is after I met the person and looked at the property.

Comment

I’d run. We just give the boss lady cash every August!

Comment

research the land owner and talk to them directly to see if he has it leased

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Might be totally legit.....but I’d pass.
                X2

Comment

I don't write many checks but will never do it any other way including the ranch owner or ranch name on the check. Lost what I thought was a good friendship over a cash payment. Couple of other guys I've seen on this board were "taken" on the same lease near Mertzon paying the lease boss direct. Live and learn but a paper trail may be all you have for recourse later.

Comment

let us know how it turns our for you. Knowledge is power

Comment

Routing# is sending to someone's account. I have sent and received money this way several times. If unsure call the bank that the routing is going to and ask some questions about the account.

Comment

Hard NO from me!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                          Routing# is sending to someone's account. I have sent and received money this way several times. If unsure call the bank that the routing is going to and ask some questions about the account.

Routing number is a number assigned to each bank (not branch) for identification.
                          The routing number is then used for things like wire transfers, ach transactions etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X