No announcement yet.

Boat navigation lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal I agree with you. I give folks a warning first time then ask them to press hard enough to get through all 3 copies. Figure if a warning doesn’t work $248 may

Comment

Coastal, do a count and I bet those guys all have them on their burn bar. Look at the boats that go by with just nav and 360 and I bet you see some powered OFF light bars on their bows.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Coastal, do a count and I bet those guys all have them on their burn bar. Look at the boats that go by with just nav and 360 and I bet you see some powered OFF light bars on their bows.
        I only see the ones that are on. I don't look for or care about the ones that are off. I see plenty on the bow and plenty on the grab bar or t-top that are on and burning out my corneas. In fact, I have had boats come by with LED bars in BOTH locations and all of them on. One boat had a big bar on the t-top and 3 smaller light bars on the bow, all of them blazing as he ran down the ICW meeting boat after boat after boat blinding everyone. In fact, 2 of the lights on the bow were angled outward so he could make sure he blinded anyone and everyone coming his direction.

There are a ton of idiots on the water these days. If you want us to know for sure that you are one of them buy you some LED light bars and run them wherever you go in low light no matter how many other boaters are on the water. You think you are cool, we all know you are an idiot.

I also have seen numerous times where guys are out fishing in total daylight and their LED bar is still on. They forget it is on and are out on the bay doing their thing, still blinding folks.

You can say whatever you want and you will not change my opinion of them. I hate them with a passion. I have run the bays my whole life in daylight and in darkness and I have never owned nor needed an led light bar to do it.

Comment

Coastal. Only thing I may want one for is to turn on when I pull up to throw blocks. Then maybe I won’t have someone pull up last second and start throwing theirs on a point 100 yards away

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Coastal I agree with you. I give folks a warning first time then ask them to press hard enough to get through all 3 copies. Figure if a warning doesn’t work $248 may
            Thank you SIR...Somebody needs to give them on the Public Roads/Highways also ...

Comment

Coastal. Only thing I may want one for is to turn on when I pull up to throw blocks. Then maybe I won’t have someone pull up last second and start throwing theirs on a point 100 yards away
              It'll be like a beacon to pull other hunters in. "Let's hunt over there, that dude has an AWESOME light bar, he must know what he's doing!"

Comment

That’s pretty much what I use mine for.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  I originally had mine mounted on my bar but had to move it to the bow. Kayakers are the worst, all the way around.
                  Kayakers are now out in the gulf , and never are visible on radar, and when we run on autopilot we really rely on radar to talk to autopilot to steer around objects in the dark , kayaks really should have a radar reflecting mast to be safe
                  Even when in or near the channel

Comment

Working...
                  X