New baitcaster for saltwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New baitcaster for saltwater

What's yalls picks under 200 and preferably closer to 100. Wifes revo bit the dust and some of my other reels are close behind it. Something for kayak fishing the bay. I am sure this will hurt because we will probably pick up 4 reels at once. I am open to any budget reels also.

Lews make a great selection of bait casters that run from 100.00 to 260.00 check them out they **** good reels
    Last edited by HELLRAZOR; 05-13-2019, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Does Lew's make a salt water superduty? If they do get a 200 series one

Comment

I’m a shimano guy so I’d say citica for closest to $100, Lews have been gaining popularity but I personally wasn’t impressed with the one I got. You could also go the used route and get more reel for the money Ilya curado or lews inshore.

Comment

ive got a diawa it was $100 and i really like it. i also have a abu garcia blackmax and its really nice for $40

Comment

Diawa tatula models work great too...

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
              What's yalls picks under 200 and preferably closer to 100. Wifes revo bit the dust and some of my other reels are close behind it. Something for kayak fishing the bay. I am sure this will hurt because we will probably pick up 4 reels at once. I am open to any budget reels also.

I would check eBay and bid on there.

When I was building my reel collection I bought several of the Shimano Chronarchs going for $200 at academy for around 130-140 shipped.

All reels where brand new and after tax they were $220 academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone make a sealed bearing reel? What do yall think about the diawa costals?

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                  Diawa tatula models work great too...
                  I don't know what these run now, but this is my go to surf reel and it is bullet proof. I would NOT go with any Shimano now. I have a cabinet full of them and they all need worked on. I would go Diawa, Quantum, or Concept 13 in no specific order. Others sear by Lews, but I've never used them.

Comment

For a reel that is going to get dunked or splashed quite a bit in saltwater I would go with the less bearings the better. I the older days when all I did was wade fish I went with the Shimano Citicas and after the firs full service/cleaning I would replace the bearings with either brass or teflon bushings. I still have a couple that I still use on occasion that are 20+ years old. Now that I don't wade as much I have moved up to the Chronarch 50e or the Lew's inshore. Heck I still have one old Shimano 10x on an old original All Star Shrimp Tail Special that I like to take out from time to time when I want to feel all nostalgic.

>E

Comment

I enjoy my Diawa steez but the lews really grew on me. Good real for the money.

Comment

Matts rod and reel repair in San Antonio has several Shimano Curado greenie reels that have been gone thru and in tip top shape all new bearing ext. I think they are $100 a piece. Can't go wrong with them.

Comment

Lews hyper max is what I’ve been throwing ,
                          Team Lew's® HyperMag Speed Spool® SLP Casting Reels are also Lew's lightest baitcast reel, weighing only 5.4 ounces. The HyperMag baitcaster has a one-piece magnesium frame, C45 carbon sideplates and premium 11-bearing system with double-shielded stainles

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            Matts rod and reel repair in San Antonio has several Shimano Curado greenie reels that have been gone thru and in tip top shape all new bearing ext. I think they are $100 a piece. Can't go wrong with them.
                            I use Matt for all repairs. Great place and great business.

Shimano Citicas and Curados are my go to saltwater reels now. I have a couple Revos and a 13 Origin C that I use but my shimanos get more use than anything. . I wash/rinse my reels after each use in salt water and have never had issues with any Reel. Some of mine are 5plus years old and work like perfect

Comment

Personally I love the 13 fishing stuff, I have a couple of concepts A, but they’re right at the 200 mark

Comment

Working...
                              X