Stump Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stump Removal

I hunt on a pine plantation and last year they thinned out the pines behind on of my stands. Has anyone had luck with drilling holes in the stumps and using a stump rotting chemical to try to get rid of them? I want to remove them from a lane behind my stand so that I can plant it.

Thanks

Small pine stumps usually rot in a couple years. I have my place cut and was able to disc the next year. These stumps were 6 to 8 inches across

Comment

I would use drill a couple holes in each with a wood bit and speed the process. Not sure what product. Epsom salt seems like a good idea.
      Last edited by Big pig; 03-24-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I have done that and it still takes years. If your willing to put that much effort into it you should rent a stump grinder and be done with it.

Comment

Get you a squeeze ketchup bottle with screw on cap and small size hole that it dispenses out of.
          Find a couple of feet Tygon tubing that's a little bigger than the hole.
          Remove the cap. Cut the tubing at an angle - long and skinny (think of threading a needle. and insert tubing in hole from outside.
          Pull tubing through the hole long enough to reach the bottom of the empty ketchup bottle and cut the long skinny part off @ square.
          It should reach the bottom of the bottle and maybe even try to git it to sit on the corner.

Go to a swimming pool supply company or even home center and buy a bottle of Muriatic Acid.

Drill a hole or few in your stumps.
          With the acid in the bottle, you can control the amount of acid going into the holessimply by squeezing the bottle.

It doesn't take long to kill them.

While the acid is working on killing them -- prep you a steel bucket or even a car rim without a tire on it (open both top and bottom).

When the stumps are dead, you can burn them out.

These are above a gas line to that building so we just left them, but it works.
          Attached Files

Comment

Honestly I might just plant around them.

Comment

Working...
            X