Diesel and Remedy Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
    Basal application for yaupon can work for yaupon but is a pain into the butt do so on a thicket. Foliar application can work also but you have to get the leaves when they are new before they develop their thick waxy coat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I spray in the spring. Kills it dead. But you need to trim it to save spraying and more thoroughly kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by RPB View Post
      This time of year when it’s hot and dry you can get by with less. Tamu says to use a 25% remedy. I have gotten all the way down to 5 % with a good kill on huisache. Typically use 10% for everything. Coat the bottom 18” with just enough that it runs down and gets some on the crown of the plant, just below the surface. Any really big ones go just high enough to get into some of the crooks at the branches. Be sure to get all around the tree if not you will have a geeen side that may not die. Typically all leaves will turn yellow and drop. Come cooler temp and rain they may try to regrow new foliage. Don’t be alarmed. Wait a few weeks and they will turn yellow and drop. It’s the last physiological response to the plant trying to survive.

With that being said if your targeting mesquite. Reclaim is a foliar applied mesquite specific herbicide. If growing well with mature leaves it’s another option.

For what it’s worth my 2 cents. What works for me. I moonlight as a farmer/rancher and am an Agronomist by trade.

Years ago, the recommendation was a 2% solution, but you sprayed on the base until it just started to puddle at the ground line. I had ranchers ( I was an extension agent) who even used 1%. You can get a decent kill with straight diesel, as long as you put enough. Simply a trade -off as to how much diesel carrier you want to use/apply. But you definitely want to put enough of whatever solution rate you are using so you don't have to spray a second time.

Comment

At an old lease the landowner had us do the remedy diesel mixture AND rock salt the stump and around the stump. It seemed a little overkill, but I do remember it working on some
        larger mesquites.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
          Anybody around Bandera have an applicators license to buy Tordon? Mine expired a few years ago.
          Don't think it works that way.

Comment

thanks guys... getting ready to do this Thursday.. hope its not too late in the growing season for the mesquites like the article mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
              I wasn’t asking for someone to buy me some. What I meant was,” is there anybody locally that will come spray some cactus?”

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                Sure it does. It works quite well.

Comment

I just recently shredded my pasture. The majority of the mesquite & other brush is thumb size or smaller. Will spraying the remedy/diesel on the stumps that I can find be effective?

Comment

If its fresh, I believe it would be a good insurance, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                      If its fresh, I believe it would be a good insurance, yes.
                      Thanks! Just finished mowing this past weekend.

Comment

I found 1:6 rem/diesel works fine for basal stem spray but I won't use it for cut stumps. I stay with 25% for cut stumps. This is mesquite only.

I've had lots of luck with diesel only on youpon in the growing season. Although they're evergreen it won't work during dormancy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Witchgrass;13564593]I wasn’t asking for someone to buy me some. What I meant was,” is there anybody locally that will come spray some cactus?”[/QUOTEO

my bad

Comment

Brush buster shows 15 to 25% remedy. 25% for rough bark. I go with 25%.

Comment

Working...
                            X