Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another blind build

Thanks every one.

Dale, these are the first two blinds I've built personally.

Came up with the idea in my head, put it on paper, then execute.

Thor, that's the plan.

Hoosier, they will be on 6' bases. I'm gunna try to pick them up with a 43 Horse kubota w/ forks attached to the bucket. If that doesn't work I'll borrow or rent a back hoe.

Quaker/ Pbuck, the paint was my wife's idea, can't take credit for anything other than buying the paint.

More to come this evening

Comment

Lookin great so far!

Comment

Should last a lifetime. Nice

Comment

Oh my Lanta I can not wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Originally posted by cumminchevy View Post
            Quaker/ Pbuck, the paint was my wife's idea, can't take credit for anything other than buying the paint.
            On my way to lowes......what days is good for her? Im sure my other half will be glad to help

Comment

Cumminchevy -

Your progress is looking good!

I built skids out of 2x6 to slide the blind up on a trailer and into place. Used a 30hp tractor to move it. It sits on concrete pavers now and forever.

We built it similar to yours frame wise, and skinned it with Hardiboard.

You can see my temporary skids in this pic.

This is the only shot I have of the inside:

It is a great blind to hunt out of.

We have enough square tube to build another. This time we will do bigger windows like yours (we were reusing some old windows on the last one) and it will be 6x8 rather than 4x8.

It is a rifle blind only.

My last bow blind, I built out of EMT. It is really lightweight, maybe 200 lbs or so.

Comment

Gummi, Cool nice stands.

Quacker, LOL !!!.....I'm sure my wife would love to jump in and help but I think you are on the otherwise of the state.

Comment

I made A couple saw horses in about 15 minutes. Getting ready to sheet metal the outside

Also cut and welded in some clips to have something to screw the interior walls to.

I cut 84

And then.....
                  You guessed it ran out of wire. Off to the store tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by cumminchevy View Post
                    Thanks every one.

Dale, these are the first two blinds I've built personally.

Came up with the idea in my head, put it on paper, then execute.

Thor, that's the plan.

Hoosier, they will be on 6' bases. I'm gunna try to pick them up with a 43 Horse kubota w/ forks attached to the bucket. If that doesn't work I'll borrow or rent a back hoe.

More to come this evening
                    Well if that's your first weldin project, then you learned quick!

Comment

I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread. I am starting my blind that is really similiar. Most likely I will be copying a few of your ideas.

Comment

Dale, it's not my first welding project that's for sure, but they are my first stands to build.

Txtech, Get after it.

Comment

Just another blind build

Id love to update, but no real progress today. More to come over the weekend.

Comment

I saw the spray foam insulation on your material list, is that just great stuff to seal the gaps, or are you gonna have it spray foam insulated?

Just noticed that .030 wire too...that stuff with 14ga is perfection with a decent sized machine. I use .035 for everything...but when I build my next blind out of 14ga, I'm gonna grab a roll of .030.

Them blinds look really nice!
                            Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-24-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

For me, 14 ga is easier to weld with .023 wire than anything else on my machine (Hobart 180). You can keep the heat at #2 and not blow out.

Comment

I get tired of waiting on .023 to do it's thing and I wind up with the wire speed turned up to warp, but that's probably because I got so used to .035 that .030 seems awesome on light stuff! To each his own I s'pose.

Comment

Working...
                                X