Decent monthly income.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent monthly income.

I am a Mexican citizen living in the city of Monterrey, I have a professional title of electrical engineer with my own business and living in a comfortable way here in my city.

The last months I had in mind the fact of moving to the United States, specifically to Texas because I have relatives who are American citizens living there, for reasons of tranquility and a little more security for my family.

Obviously, my change of residence would be legal and comply with the observations that the law of Texas and the United States requires me.

One of the questions that comes to mind is how much monthly income is taken care of to live in a comfortable way, not thinking about luxuries but living in a quiet and relatively safe place? Considering me, my wife, a 3-year-old girl and another baby who is about to be born next year.

Thanks to God here in Mexico I have rental properties, plus the product of my business, that allow me to live in a comfortable way and fortunately I do not have any debt, obviously the peso is not worth the same as the American dollar and what makes me here Living well there may not be enough.

Thanks in advance.

This can vary so much on where you want to live. Could your be more specific to an area. Big difference between woodlands and magnolia where I’m at for example

Comment

Katy / Houston... there is where my sister live.

My brother had a house in woodlands, that area definitely out of my budget.

Comment

Any kids? Wife? Wife going to work?

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
          Any kids? Wife? Wife going to work?
          3 years old girl an a baby on the way for next year, my wife could also work, she has a degree as a public accountant.

We both are 39 years old.

Comment

If you are able to perform the job, I would guess a 4000 a month as a salary. I am sure others will chime in, but that is my guess. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
              If you are able to perform the job, I would guess a 4000 a month as a salary. I am sure others will chime in, but that is my guess. Good luck!
              I’d say the bottom of the threshold would be $4000/month and $6000/month for the household being a safer bet in the greater Houston area

Comment

It’s all about how you live and how good you are at budgeting for what you are making.

I can remember a time that my wife and I made a lot less and wonder how we even did it.

I know faith in God helped us a huge amount and we always made it works, even with 3 kids.

Get the best salary you can and work with that. And always be looking for the next better thing.

j

Comment

Might help if you defined comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by AHF View Post
                    I am a Mexican citizen living in the city of Monterrey, I have a professional title of electrical engineer with my own business and living in a comfortable way here in my city.

The last months I had in mind the fact of moving to the United States, specifically to Texas because I have relatives who are American citizens living there, for reasons of tranquility and a little more security for my family.

Obviously, my change of residence would be legal and comply with the observations that the law of Texas and the United States requires me.

One of the questions that comes to mind is how much monthly income is taken care of to live in a comfortable way, not thinking about luxuries but living in a quiet and relatively safe place? Considering me, my wife, a 3-year-old girl and another baby who is about to be born next year.

Thanks to God here in Mexico I have rental properties, plus the product of my business, that allow me to live in a comfortable way and fortunately I do not have any debt, obviously the peso is not worth the same as the American dollar and what makes me here Living well there may not be enough.

Thanks in advance.
                    Your starting points are getting legal to work here and getting your license to work in the electrical profession. I'm thinking $50-$60k.

Comment

If you have an electrical engineer degree you can make a very good living working for a plant.

Comment

As others have said, area depends on how far the salary will go. On the same salary, some places you may live poor while you could live like a king in others on the same wage. Good luck to you whatever you decide. I can’t speak on Houston but the Austin area is really hopping jobs wise right now.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                          If you have an electrical engineer degree you can make a very good living working for a plant.

Agreed^ my cousin is an electrical engineer. 24 and makes a killing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                            Or even at an engineering contractor firm. Spanish speaking EE’s are in demand in Houston for Latin Cone projects.

Comment

New hire EE’s fresh out of college can pull $65,000 year or better. First thing I would do if I were you is work on getting your Texas Engineering liscense - you can do this before starting any legal process to move to the US. If you have a PE behind your name it will increase your odds of getting a good job.

Comment

Working...
                              X