No announcement yet.

Peep Turning when I draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to always twist at the worst time.

Comment

You can usually adjust your d-loop (or re-tie one). This is usually because they didn't mark for your peep at full draw when they installed it, or your string rotated over time.

Comment

what strings did u have installed?

Comment

Originally posted by cjkozik View Post
          what strings did u have installed?

They made them at the place I got it restrung.

I took it to a local shop and I didn't notice it when I got it, but they didn't twist the string at all, I mean the string has no twist.

Is that okay?

Comment

have string twisted and problem solved.

As for tubing....I've had that $%^@ break more times than most have shot their bow. Hits you right in the eye.
            Last edited by Low Fence; 09-15-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
              They made them at the place I got it restrung.

I took it to a local shop and I didn't notice it when I got it, but they didn't twist the string at all, I mean the string has no twist.

Is that okay?

NO!!! as the string tracks over the radius of the cam some strands are stretching more than others.

Not trying to bash, but if they couldn't figure that part out, I can guarantee the string quality will have you chasing problems with tuning and stretch as long as its on the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                Plus loud and slows your bow down.
                Mine came off when it was really cold, drawing on a pretty nice buck. Had it replaced with tubeless the next day.

Comment

Get a set of strings from Tom at Park-N-Sons archery and you will have ZERO twist, nothing, nada, zilch. I've had 3 strings from Tom, they not only look amazing, they do not rotate. My peep is perfectly straight before I draw and at full draw. If you rotate your D-loop to where it straightens your peep once you draw, that is turning the string or torquing it at full draw. Whether or not it affects arrow flight, I dont know but I don't chance it.

Comment

I'm no bow expert but if you press the limbs, and flip the string end over 180 degrees. It should stop it spinning.

Comment

Don't press the limbs....yourself...unless ya own your own Bow press...take the drive back out and get it RIGHT...shoot it at shop at least a couple dozen times and have THEM TWEAK whatever needed

Comment

I've had both and will say that without the tube sucks. I've gotten aggravated to no end for constantly having to let down and adjust. And yes, this still is after many 100's of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
                          I've had both and will say that without the tube sucks. I've gotten aggravated to no end for constantly having to let down and adjust. And yes, this still is after many 100's of shots.
                          Get a good string= problem solved.

Comment

Many will flag this as a terrible idea, and yes, expensive one as well, but I'm a big fan of the Anchor Sight. Its a bow mounted "scope like" sight that you mount either below or above your sight pin housing. You set it to you natural anchor point, which shouldn't change in most every situation. Once its set appropriately, you reference it while at full draw, make slight hand torque/anchor point adjustments ensuring you're making the most consistent shot every single time.

I had a constant peep twisting problem after having two sets of tubing snap on me in the field. One time it was old, the other time it was too short and also tied incorrectly. Obviously avoidable, but I decided to eliminate it all together.

My groups tightened up, my shots got much more quite without a doubt, it also allows a very comfortable anchor point you didn't know you needed. It also allows more light in your eye lengthening your effective shooting time. I shoot it with a single pin adjustable HHA and I'm accurate out to 80 yards with zero issues.

Like I said, an expensive option, but its worth the $100 2 or even 3 times over. I'm a believer. I hardly have to check it now, but in in-opportune positions, its wonderful to know I'm not torquing my bow or off in any way. I will smile at responses negatively hating on the design and what it does or does not do for you. I use it, trust it and can't find one thing wrong with the design. Obviously the cost is the only real hurdle for me and many others but that's over now. Consider it an investment. Good luck!

Comment

Usually it just takes a 1/2 twist on the string. You will need a press to do it yourself. If take your bow to a shop make sure you shoot it several times after they adjust the string to get it settled and to make sure its right for you. In some cases I take the string off top cam and simply adjust the way the serving lays in the top cam without twisting the string. Every bow and every situation is different. It is a trial and error process to get it perfect but not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                A peep aligner solves this problem without fail. It's not cool to have one on your bow these days, it seems. But if you do your peep will always be pointed the right direction when you draw your bow.
                                Yep I got tired of of turning peeps and twisting strings and went to the tube.

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                                ya but those darn things break at the most inopportune times.
                                If you leave them to dry rot or don't replace them...easier to do than lacing boots...seriously...you should see my boots.

As for the loud and speed proud crowd...save it...the deer always hear it no matter what you do....and y'all know it!Loss of 3-5 fps....with today's bows and the plethora of sound and vibration killing enhancements we have today leaves way ahead of all the bows form 10 years a go now doesn't it. How many deer they pile up?

Comment

Working...
                                X