Mathews Z7 sabilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews Z7 sabilizer

Would a longer stabilizer help or should I stick with the 3" axion.
    Attached Files

Nobody come on guys what size are yall running on yalls Z7's. Im hunting I mainly ground blinds so not looking for 10-12. I Didn't know if a 6 or 8" would help out and what brand.

Comment

6-8 inch stab will definitely be better than a 3 inch one. You are not really stabilizing anything, but actually just dampening a little vibration. I say look for a good 8 inch stab, with a decent amount of weight forward, away from the riser.

Comment

I use the 5" Axion Archery which looks similar to what you have but longer. I attached the 6" version to try it and noticed a difference immediately. More stability at full draw and my Chill-R was more dead and silent in my hand than before while grouping tighter in the first shots I took. I recommend trying different lengths at a shop you can shoot through a few to find the perfect balance for you and your bow combined. Good luck!

Comment

I use a 8" B-Stinger Pro Hunter with 8oz weight on my Z7.

Comment

I haven't used a stabilizer on my Mathews hunting bows for 8 or 10 years.
            I really doubt your Z7 needs it any more than mine did. It will still group without it.

Comment

8in the way to go

Comment

Thanks guys got a new Be Stinger Pro Hunter 6". Going to try it out this weekend

Comment

I shoot my Z7 better since I changed to an 8" Stokerized with the 5 1/2 oz. weight. It has nothing to do with the bow, I'm just able to hold on target a little better with the longer stabilizer with the weight on the end.

Comment

I use an 8" stokerized Hunter with the rubber star thingy on the end...seems to work just fine...better than the 6" Axion with all the mathews silencers and weights...

Comment

Interesting info from B Stinger's web site speaking about a Z7 type bow. I too am looking at making a change this year for my Z7.

These styles of bows require MORE weight behind the bow. You can accomplish this by using a longer back bar, shorter front bar or more weight on the back bar.

One of the reasons these bows require more weight rearward is this geometry changes the center of gravity at full draw. When a past parallel bow is brought to full draw the limb’s actually come down, causing the center of gravity (COG) to actually move forward. This COG shift requires the higher ratio of rear weight. For this reason balancing the bow at rest is not as effective. Mass weight should always be taken into account when deciding what lengths to purchase. A longer v-bar will allow the archer to keep a lower overall mass weight while a shorter v-bar will require more mass weight to accomplish the same amount of leverage.

NOTE- In rare cases when an archer has more “Heel” or low wrist in the bow than normal, this can offset the need for the higher ratio due to the handle being below the center off the bow resulting in a lower pivot point.

Comment

longer stabilizer will help every bow over that short one.

Those little tiny ones do nothing in my opinion . . . . . 8" with some weight at the end does what a stabilizer is supposed to do stabilize the bow during the shot.

They started being sold as vibration and sound dampeners. Any weight will reduce both but the original purpose does nothing for either.

Comment

I use a 3 & it works gr8 , it all depends on how it feels & shoots for ya..nice bow..

Comment

Axion 6" on my Z7 Mag

Comment

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure I use a 6" Axiom on my Z7. I've thought about going larger myself, or with more weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X