Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night in the “off season”.

Seriously...he was off all Fall and played football. Playing basketball now and just doing some fielding work before practices start next year.

12U and going to Cooperstown All Star Village in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
      Thanks, that is the kind of info I was looking for
      Let’s see some videos of those boys swings!

TXJim’s boys can rake! I just wish he would buy them a new bat.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
        Let’s see some videos of those boys swings!

TXJim’s boys can rake! I just wish he would buy them a new bat.
        My name is TXJIM and it has been 1 week since I bought a new bat

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
          Thanks, that is the kind of info I was looking for
          Adam Dunn can hit a baseball a mile, but has no defense. He made over a 100 million in baseball LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
            Thanks for starting a new thread! Sure enjoyed the last thread. SSK1 sure seems to have a great program. My boy played with a few kids from that 12u group when they were 9. Great kids, players, and families!
            Yes sir. SSK1 is growing fast and that's why I decided to move this year. Scott Stricklin former MLB Astros pitcher started the program and its been getting a lot of attention. I'm really looking forward to get playing,and start spring ball. I'm bringing over some really good kids and my son is excited as well. We will still be looking for 2-3 players that can play at the elite/premier level. This is a pretty good group I'm just ready to start practicing LOL! My son has been off all of fall ball and now he is get the itch to start. His arm is live after resting for 4 months and his velocity has gone up.

Comment

so we had tryouts today for the new team. Our organization was bought out by Evo Shield Canes. This is going to be expensive with 2 boys playing. Previously we had been playing and the cost was relatively low. This is going to be like $700 a month for both boys. I'm not sure that this is something I want to commit to for an 9 and 12 year old. What are yalls dues for your teams?

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
                so we had tryouts today for the new team. Our organization was bought out by Evo Shield Canes. This is going to be expensive with 2 boys playing. Previously we had been playing and the cost was relatively low. This is going to be like $700 a month for both boys. I'm not sure that this is something I want to commit to for an 9 and 12 year old. What are yalls dues for your teams?
                Is $700 a month include everything? Coaches Fees,Practice and Tournaments?

Comment

There are a lot cheaper clubs out there you just have to look. I don't think I would pay $350 a month for any kid to play, our dues are $125 plus tournaments which would come out to be $225-250 a month for everything.

Comment

I don’t really see the point in playing for a club team until you need their connections for getting them college looks. Go get a group of boys and coach them yourself. These so called professional coaches are just not worth the cost in my opinion.

Comment

Select Baseball 2018

My sons 11u team played their final fall tournament last weekend. We have a standing rule at our house. You hit a home run, we go eat steak. Well, he hit a 3 run homer to straight away center and when he came off the field he said, “dad, here’s my ticket to Saltgrass!” [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                        My sons 11u team played their final fall tournament last weekend. We have a standing rule at our house. You hit a home run, we go eat steak. Well, he hit a 3 run homer to straight away center and when he came off the field he said, “dad, here’s my ticket to Saltgrass!” [emoji23]

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                          Is $700 a month include everything? Coaches Fees,Practice and Tournaments?
                          Ya that includes everything - uniforms

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
                            Ya that includes everything - uniforms
                            There are cheaper places to go. Look on Nations tryout page and go to different tryouts. Is this the club that's out in Beaumont?

Comment

What Bat do y’all have for your 12 year old? Length and weight also?

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
                                What Bat do y’all have for your 12 year old? Length and weight also?
                                My 11 year old plays 12U and he is swinging the Marucci Cat 7 drop 8 (31/23) for his cold weather bat and he will be swinging a Demarini CF8 drop 8 (31/23) when it gets warm enough for the composite barrel. It depend a lot on the kid's size and swing mechanics.

Comment

Working...
                                X